Stock Alloy wheels bubbling.......again!

Started by Anonymous, October 22, 2003, 16:52

Anonymous

s:o :o s:o   such is life it was a long shot but thanx  do you know about the heat shields too will they do any harm not being in place
best laugh the other day was i was going round a estate when these kids went woooooooow  is that a porsche due to them not being  familiar with badge  just had to let them have a little  sit in all got camera phones out so much fun sometimes
spread a little happiness  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

filcee

Hi tanya,

I see you are located in the West Mids.  KN Wheels in Telford do a refurb service. It was £25 per wheel, but may now be a bit more (I seem to recall £35 was mentioned recently, but couldn't find the post with a quick search).  A number of people have used KN, and been pleased with the results and the way the finish has lasted.

This thread has some details about the service (click here to go to the thread)

I believe I'm right in saying they need you to remove the tyres first - this means you will need some 'spare' wheels in order to keep your own car on the road.  There was talk some time ago of a 'loaner' set of wheels, but I'm not sure how this turned out.

Hope this helps, and welcome to the club.
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

red_leicester

It's £25 + VAT for each wheel at KN, for their 'standard' colours.

I phoned last week, they said they needed the wheel(s) for 7-10 working days.
[size=84]Jez[/size]
[size=75]2001 Red MR2[/size]

roger

Quote from: "tanyanurse"also my heat shield cracked and fell off ats told me be ok till i needed a new exhaust  will this be ok dont know what it does
other than that cars brill been so much fun   please help guys not very techie   s:D :D s:D

There are quite a few heatshields. Is it the black one over the top of the exhaust, 2' x 5" approx? And, by the way, you should "never" have to replace the exhaust what with it being Stainless Steel.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:     s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   thats cool i never knew that
errrrr i only quickly glanced under it seemed dull  silver to me the bits that fell off  s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:   the guys at ats took the rest off while i was in reception  the tail pipe is stainless steel looks great but the rest +box if thats what it is under the car  looks like its rusting  
it goes for service dec dare say they tell me then what needs looking at  AND CHARGE ME  ARRRRGGGG  worth it love the car

roger

Heatshields are usually there for a purpose. Having said that most have been taken off by somebody at some time or other, but some are more critical than others.

Maybe one of our closer members to you might volunteer to have a quick look at what is missing and possibly help out, there are quite a few in the "West Midlands". From what you say it doesn't sound like the black one over the exhaust, but there are others that are "dull silver".

The other alternative is go to Peterborough Show Ground at the weekend for JAE. "Everybody" will be there to help.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

Where in the west mid are you Tanya?

Anonymous

s8) 8) s8)   walsall willenhall between the two

Anonymous

s:idea: :idea: s:idea:  it stopped the rattle anyway sounds better so well  just see
thanx for offer guys  s:D :D s:D

Tags: