soft top problems etc

Started by Lady UK, October 23, 2003, 19:46

Lady UK

Hi,

My soft top is rattling during driving, bumping and squeaking also!

Is there any way to secure the hardtop, it is folded down correctly and properly but the squeaking and rattling is enough to turn up the sound system!  

Need to know the best way to sort out demisting the interior fast, now that the bad weather is coming fast (using the air conditioning at present).  Finding the rear window (hardtop) taking ages to clear despite putting the rear heater demister on!

I have had my car (2000) for nearly three months and the mileage is now just over 41,000.  I have been reading the problems with some members cars re their engines particularly the ones that have blown.

Having owned two AW11's I was aware that the AW11 when it first came out on production had various faults and problems that were soon sorted when it came to the later and last version.  With regard to the Roadster, having one of the first off the production line (2000) can I assume that I may experience problems, sorry.....but I feel quite edgey since reading.

I always have had faith in Toyota and assumed that their engines would go on and on...but!!  s:? :? s:?  

Look forward to your advice!

Anonymous

wow, lots of questions!

The soft top can be adjusted i think - there are straps all over the place. Take it to the dealers and have a moan!

As for the demisting the windows, companies like rainx sell products that you put on the windows to stop the misting up. Pop down to your local halfords to see what they have in stock.

As for the engines... dont konw much about that, sorry. Someone else will be here to answer that for you.

Tem

"Need to know the best way to sort out demisting the interior fast"

Best way is to turn the heater to hottest and fastest, towards the windshield and sucking fresh air.

Generally, you should keep it blowing to your feet, or the carpets will collect moisture, which makes the interior very moist and demisting takes forever. I usually keep it blowing on windshield+feet setting and 2nd highest speed...just control the temp to feel comfy, but let the air move. And always suck fresh air, don't recycle the interior air.

"I have had my car (2000) for nearly three months and the mileage is now just over 41,000.  I have been reading the problems with some members cars re their engines particularly the ones that have blown."

You should check some other boards, it's a LOT more common than you'd assume from this board only  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  There are dozens of ppl, who reported a blown engine on SC (myself being the latest):
 m http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=46 m
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: