2zz engines and Rogue's Services, with images

Started by northernalex, October 10, 2006, 10:45

northernalex

Seriously thinking of going 2zz (on the cheap hopefully) if i can source all the kit  s:) :) s:)

m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... Track=true m

Id need help sorting out the conversion though  s:) :) s:)

Alex

*MOD* Edit to correct spelling of 'Rogue' in the title - Dan
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

leon_in_uk

looks nice and clean... low mileage to. i would love to put that in mine. just no nothing about fitting and what i would need
For sale: 3.5 v6 Nissan murano
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
Porsche Boxster 987, lapis blue, leather heated seats, xenons,, twin pipe...
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport
Silver MR-2, newish engine, clutch new alternator. Gutted Pre Cats..... MODS.....
HKS exhaust. markiii pipe, Anthracite Alloys. Red Calipers with Spyder decals. . Lowered 40mm. 03 vents, chrome jet washers lol... and my helpful Road Angel \":)\"

Anonymous

If you don't managed to win that one, speak to Patrick at Rogue, he's got one in at the moment which is the same spec. They would fit it as well - for a price  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Thanks
Rob

Tem

Yes, that's the 2ZZ that are used in swaps.  s8) 8) s8)

Might wanna browse old topics about it and check the Library in SC as well, if you're serious about it.  s;) ;) s;)

"Genuine reason for sale (purchased wrong engine spec for my celica and was not fully refundable,hence for sale.)"

Is he saying he wanted a 1ZZ, but bought a 2ZZ?  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

northernalex

cheers guys, i'll ask him  s:) :) s:)  Thanks for the superfast replies  s:) :) s:)
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

northernalex

Quote from: "FGRob"If you don't managed to win that one, speak to Patrick at Rogue, he's got one in at the moment which is the same spec. They would fit it as well - for a price  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Thanks
Rob

Rob, whts the website for rogue (its rouge motorsports or something isnt it?)
evileye_xc said:

Anonymous

Quote from: "northernalex"
Quote from: "FGRob"If you don't managed to win that one, speak to Patrick at Rogue, he's got one in at the moment which is the same spec. They would fit it as well - for a price  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Thanks
Rob

Rob, whts the website for rogue (its rouge motorsports or something isnt it?)

Its  w www.roguesystems.co.uk w

Good luck.

Ernie Ball

Anyone have any more information about Rogue's 2zz service?

I looked on their website and there's nothing about it.

Anonymous

Ernie

You would need to speak with Patrick, they tend to look at it case by case.

Thanks
Rob

edward.carter

another one here £1200 buy it now <20000kms doesnt include starter motor alternator etc

EBAY 2ZZ

Ernie Ball

Has anyone been given even a ballpark price for the conversion?

northernalex

email them  man .. I'm planing on email them in a bit too.

Thanks all for your help  s:) :) s:)
evileye_xc said:

philster_d

I was there a few weeks ago, patrick was saying these arent easy to source. But it is a service they are starting to get interest about.

Rogue Systems Limited
01676 530222

Cheers,
Philster.

Rogue

Hi Guys,

We're going through a 1ZZ -> 2ZZ conversion at the moment. Once we've finished we'll be able to offer a fixed price service for a basic install.

The target car is on the webcam at the moment:

http://217.36.231.130/

Best regards,

Patrick Mortell
Rogue Motorsport Ltd
01676 530222

Anonymous

Quote from: "Rogue"Hi Guys,

We're going through a 1ZZ -> 2ZZ conversion at the moment. Once we've finished we'll be able to offer a fixed price service for a basic install.

The target car is on the webcam at the moment:

http://217.36.231.130/

Best regards,

Patrick Mortell
Rogue Motorsport Ltd
01676 530222

Is that the black one in the corner?

Is that the engine you offered me?

Thanks
Rob

northernalex

nice, cheers guys, i guess it wouldnt be a probnlem if i already had the engine sourced  s:) :) s:)
evileye_xc said:

Rogue

Quote from: "FGRob"Is that the black one in the corner?

Yup!

Quote from: "FGRob"Is that the engine you offered me?

Not that particular engine, but the 2ZZ would've been the one we discussed. It's a good progression from the 1ZZ, and gives you roughly the same power to weight ratio as a mk2 turbo.

Patrick

Anonymous

I see you are getting your hands dirty again in that red 2  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Patrick,

I'd be VERY interested to hear the outcome of this install as this is something I'm seriously considerening myself.

Steve.

heathstimpson

Quote from: "SteveM"Patrick,

I'd be VERY interested to hear the outcome of this install as this is something I'm seriously considerening myself.

Steve.
You and me both. All of a sudden there are several different realistic directions with increasing the power on the 2  s8) 8) s8)
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Peter Wright

Quote from: "heathstimpson"
Quote from: "SteveM"Patrick,

Steve.
You and me both. All of a sudden there are several different realistic directions with increasing the power on the 2  s8) 8) s8)
And in most installs you will also have an engine for resale to offset the cost   s:P :P s:P
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

Wabbitkilla

My wallet is cringeing in the corner crying "save me, save me"!
  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Rogue

A couple of teaser photos for you:

2ZZGE looking snug in the back of a roadster:

The same 2ZZGE engine properly dressed and waiting to be installed.

Just waiting for parts to come in now (clutch and ECU) and then we can finalise the conversion. Looks like it'll be quite reasonably priced too!

Best regards,

Patrick Mortell
Rogue Motorsport Ltd
01676 530222

northernalex

Nice, where's the airbox gone.

I was under the impression that the stock clutch would be ok? At least until it burns out?

Reasonable price, it gets nicer and nicer  s:) :) s:)  

Nice one rouge, I'm sure you'll get a lot of business from this one.

Oh and patrick, can you ask your customer what his hike in insurance is like after the conversion?  s:) :) s:)
evileye_xc said:

loadswine

IF the swap can be done at reasonable cost, Patrick will have to beat away the hordes of customers with a big stick!
I think this will be very popular if its cheap.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Tags: