2zz engines and Rogue's Services, with images

Started by northernalex, October 10, 2006, 10:45

dieamond

If I get mine one day I'll tell you

just a note : US are generally a little retarded with MT (:-D) so I don't think they could live with such a picky one :p
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

Anonymous

Quote from: "dieamond"If I get mine one day I'll tell you

just a note : US are generally a little retarded with MT (:-D) so I don't think they could live with such a picky one :p

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Thanks Arnaud, I'd be interested to know. By the way my seat brackets arrived today, cheers  s:D :D s:D

Rogue

Quote from: "SteveM"Gav I must admit I noticed this when Patrick took me out in your car and to be honest it did worry me a little. Perhaps Patrick can let us know if they intend to develop it further? For me even small niggles like this could put me off  s:( :( s:(   Does anyone know if the guys in the US have this problem with the Little Rocket shaft?

As far as we can work out, this a gearshift mechanism issue - not a gearbox issue. I think in a Celica you have to press the gear lever down to be able to select reverse gear? Obviously this part of the mechanism doesn't exist in the five speed shift selector. Most likely fitting the Roadster six speed gearshift mechanism would sort it out, but at what cost from Toyota!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Patrick

markiii

if it helps we fitted the TRD 6 speed short shifter from teh celica to Adams 2zz, and considered it an upgrade in teh process
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

I should imagine there are few 6 speed shifters around from Roadster owners who've fitted the TRD shifter? I'm sure someone would be prepared to sell one? Otherwise like Mark says fitting the TRD unit would be a good idea and be an upgrade at the same time.

Is anyone still in contact with Adam to check if he had this problem with/or without the TRD shifter?

Anonymous

Patrick any news on prices yet, or on power figures from Gavs car on the dyno at Thor?

Rogue

Quote from: "SteveM"Patrick any news on prices yet, or on power figures from Gavs car on the dyno at Thor?

I'm not sure if I can discuss prices on here, since we're not yet affiliated. You can find them here though:

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=480256#480256

I'll let Gavin post up his dyno figures when he's ready!

Best regards,

Patrick Mortell
Rogue Motorsport Ltd
01676 530222

markiii

Patrick,

Since they are teh ones asking I think you can go ahead and answer  :-) :-) :-)

If your intersted in Affiliate status, drop me a PM and we can discuss

Mark.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Rogue

Quote from: "markiii"Since they are the ones asking I think you can go ahead and answer  :-) :-) :-)

Thanks, I'm not sure how your affiliate scheme works!

Rogue Motorsport now offer a drive-in-drive-out upgrade service for MR2 Roadster owners using the Toyota 2ZZGE engine found in the Celica 190 and latest Lotus Elise and Exige models. This engine delivers ~188bhp (190PS) and revs all the way to 8,300rpm!

You will need to supply the following parts:

Toyota 2ZZGE engine from a Celica 190
Toyota 2ZZGE passenger side engine mount
2ZZGE ECU

If using a Toyota ECU, you will need to supply the matching transponder pickup, ecu and coded key - we recommend using an Apexi PowerFC.

All of the above can be sourced for you by us.

The following items will be re-used from your 1ZZFE:

Engine Wiring Loom
Exhaust Manifold

We ask that you leave your car with us for one week. Total cost for a drive-in-drive-out service including all fluids, consumables and modifications is £1399.99 inclusive of VAT.

If you supply a Celica 6 speed gearbox at the same time we will modify and install it for an extra £100.00 inclusive of parts and labour.

Quote from: "markiii"If you're intersted in Affiliate status, drop me a PM and we can discuss

I believe Lyn from Rogue has already PM'd PhilsterD.

markiii

Quote from: "Rogue"I believe Lyn from Rogue has already PM'd PhilsterD.

cool I'll have a chat with Phil

philster_d

yes recieved I will put together a reply but I have to pop out in a mo

Anonymous

Patrick does the price include setting up/mapping if using an Apexi PowerFC?

ole carter

s:? :? s:? " flippin eck" guys...the more i read the more confused i get....i just cannot get over your imagination,brain power and lust for bhp.(and i thought i was a petrol head)...after silverstone last week and being treated to a blap out in Stu's motor i was convinced TURBO....now this conversion....!!!!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

wot next..........!!!!!

By the way any idea for the price of a second hand 2zz and celica 6 speed gear box  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

There's an engine on ebay at the moment for £1200...

m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-CELICA-VVT ... dZViewItem m

rtbiscuit

is that price include them sourcing an engine as well as fitting, or is the cost of the engine extra.

also if your 1zz is in good nick, what kind of price do you recon it will sell for to supplement this little idea.

that price is ball tinglingly tempting!
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

markiii

I would be assuming that doesb''t include teh new engine and box

just something else to think about.

If going for teh Jspec Engine or PFC you loose your immobilsor and if going for a Jspec gearbox you have no LSD

dieamond

Quote from: "markiii"if it helps we fitted the TRD 6 speed short shifter from the celica to Adams 2zz, and considered it an upgrade in the process

I have my future TRD 6spd short shift under my desk, and I can affirm there's absolutly no "locking" mecanism on it.

We have to search elsewhere  s:-( :-( s:-(
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia

Anonymous

Time to ask the SpyderChat guys I reckon.

Tem

Quote from: "markiii"Gav, there is porecious little info on the crank swap.

it is often refured to as a 3zz engine, thoug be carefull as I beleive there an actual toyota engine with that designation as well.

happy to help as far as I can but I think there is liekly to be more knowledge on this one on SC

Here's a thread about the "3ZZ-GE":
 m http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19622 m
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

dieamond

Quote from: "Tem"Here's a thread about the "3ZZ-GE":
 m http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19622 m

there are loads of 3ZZGE threads on newcelica.org too

also a good kit, half cheaper than Trial's one, is MWR

northernalex

hmm now to find the neccessary bits for the conversion. Adam is a possibility however from what diemond says it worrys me a little bit.  

Wonder if it would be ok to pop down and see an engine working before buying?
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

markiii

not going to get into teh Adam/Diemeond issues, but he's alweays been a stand up guys with me.

best bet is go see him in person then yiou know exactly what your getting

Anonymous

I've had about 5 deliveries from Adam since I bought the latest 'two' and never had a problem.  Found him to be a stand up guy.

everyones experience can be different of course

Anonymous

re dyno sheets, i've no objection to rogue putting them up
but apparently there was confusion over the correct gear to do the power run in; i'm told the result is a nice looking curve, but the numbers are worse than standard, which is not reflected in the performance.
 for the benefit of rogue another run would be advisable.

gearchange- i'm getting used to the first/reverse situation; i just take a bit more care when in traffic, as any other time you can hear the syncros meshing when reverse engages.
 however it's quite easy to "lose" second when going all the way down the box. i think this is affected by the gap where reverse used to be, and again, is getting easier. but there's no doubt the change could be a little slicker.

gav

rob_g_clarkson

maybe bein a bit dim... but i'm still a bit of a noob.

will the 6 speed box from an '03 car work ok with this engine? or is the celica box diffrent, and therefore a better choice?

Tags: