2zz engines and Rogue's Services, with images

Started by northernalex, October 10, 2006, 10:45

markiii

it's all about teh ratios

6 speed roadster box, is just teh same as teh 5 speed with an overdrive
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

that's a fair question, and i don't know the answer

Anonymous

what do people think about the power fc being able to adjust to the removal of the exhaust bung?

will it need a remap?

gav

markiii

need? no

benefit? probably
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

philster_d

Quote from: "markiii"it's all about the ratios

6 speed roadster box, is just the same as the 5 speed with an overdrive

and a bigger final drive ratio ?

markiii

final drive is teh same I beleive

between roadster boxes that is

Anonymous

As I'm considering going 2zz myself I've been looking for an engine and today have been offered a 2zz engine and 6 speed box both from the same Celica with 7000 miles on them for £1900. For another £150 they will supply the loom and ECU.

What's does anyone think about the price? Is it reasonable or would I be paying too much?

Also if I decide not to have it does anyone else want pointing in the right direction!

dieamond

it's a good price if it's a certified mileage and that you have a 6 month waranty

take the ecu, but you don't need the loom

check if the engine has some good ancilaries :
flywheel not too rusted, plugs, coils, damaged oil pan, etc
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

red_leicester

Just wondering if gavman or Rogue fancied posting the dyno plot ?

Would be interesting to see it.
[size=84]Jez[/size]
[size=75]2001 Red MR2[/size]

Anonymous

sorry, chaps

i'll get on the case for a dyno plot

one issue

tyres now last 1 month

gav

ps rod says 1bar @3000rpm on the gtr

does that prove me right or wrong?
can't remember
all i know is last week i went out in it for the first time,
and it almost tore my head off, so it all seems a bit academic now

think i might've overdone it....and she's not mapped yet  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   :

Anonymous

How are you getting on with the reverse/first gear issue Gav? Is it something you just get used to or do you still feel it would merit a bit of development?

I've been speaking to LittleRocket on SC and he thinks the has the answer and would like to test it out. I think it involves swapping some selector parts (a spring & cover?) from the 6 speed Roadster box onto the Celica box. The problem is he's having trouble identifying the part numbers he needs to order as the 6 speed Roadster was never offered for sale in the USA. I've tried to locate an exploded diagram of the Roadster box with part numbers for him but so far I've had no joy finding one  s:( :( s:(

markiii

pop to your local MrT and ask them to print you one out  :-) :-) :-)

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"pop to your local MrT and ask them to print you one out  :-) :-) :-)

Yeh I've thought about that Mark but unfortunately my local MrT (Listers in Coventry) aren't the most switched on or the most helpfull  s:x :x s:x

rtbiscuit

ah the joys of coventry,

i used to live up there,

i'll see what i can do at mine as lookers of chelmsford are very helpful.

cant promise anything as its a bit of a trek for me to get there,
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "SteveM"How are you getting on with the reverse/first gear issue Gav? Is it something you just get used to or do you still feel it would merit a bit of development?

I've been speaking to LittleRocket on SC and he thinks the has the answer and would like to test it out. I think it involves swapping some selector parts (a spring & cover?) from the 6 speed Roadster box onto the Celica box. The problem is he's having trouble identifying the part numbers he needs to order as the 6 speed Roadster was never offered for sale in the USA. I've tried to locate an exploded diagram of the Roadster box with part numbers for him but so far I've had no joy finding one  s:( :( s:(

hey steve,

i feel further development would be in order

i have got used to it, but by this i mean i now select first and slip the clutch a little to confirm selection, before the traffic lights change.

this does make it a little harder to get the drop on people though, as you've just woken them up/ distracted them from their phone call

plus i now do what i used to criticise my girlfriend for, i.e. sit at the lights with my foot on the clutch and the car in first    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

northernalex

Quote from: "gavman"plus i now do what i used to criticise my girlfriend for, i.e. sit at the lights with my foot on the clutch and the car in first    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

My 2 driving instructors (one went off to play darts professionally!!) told me that this is how you should sit at lights anyway.  First gear, clutch down, handbreak on.
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

roger

Quote from: "rtbiscuit"ah the joys of coventry,

i used to live up there,

So did I! 1953 - 1972.

Long live Jimmy Hill   s:D :D s:D
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

Quote from: "rtbiscuit"ah the joys of coventry,

i used to live up there,

i'll see what i can do at mine as lookers of chelmsford are very helpful.

cant promise anything as its a bit of a trek for me to get there,

Cheers, many thanks for the offer  s:D :D s:D   Don't make a special trip though but if you could ask next time you're there that would be great!

Anonymous

Quote from: "northernalex"
Quote from: "gavman"plus i now do what i used to criticise my girlfriend for, i.e. sit at the lights with my foot on the clutch and the car in first    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

My 2 driving instructors (one went off to play darts professionally!!) told me that this is how you should sit at lights anyway.  First gear, clutch down, handbreak on.

you're joking?

is that true?

aaronjb

Sure, if you'd like to:

a) Kill your release bearing in record time
b) Crash into any car in front of you should you be hit from behind (natural reaction will be to lift off the clutch, and you'll lurch forward/stall)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

that's what i thought...

Anonymous

can't say i'd be happy relying on my handbrake to stop me if my foot slipped

and

try doing that with an HKS clutch in traffic

you'd end up walking in circles

as you'd totally overdevelop your left leg!

edward.carter

i was taught as i presume most on here were stop handbreak neutral ...

filcee

OR: (filcee method(c)(tm))
Right foot on brake, wait for lights to change, apply handbrake (holding the button in), apply throttle & let go of handbrake. SMT rules!  s:-D :-D s:-D

Must learn to left-foot brake though  s:-? :-? s:-?   s:-P :-P s:-P
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Anonymous

easy when you've got no clutch

Tags: