2zz engines and Rogue's Services, with images

Started by northernalex, October 10, 2006, 10:45

edward.carter

Quote from: "loadswine"IF the swap can be done at reasonable cost, Patrick will have to beat away the hordes of customers with a big stick!
I think this will be very popular if its cheap.
I agree as has been said you can sell your 1zz afterwards too! !

northernalex

Depending on the price etc I would seriously consider it. However a conversion kit from littlerocket is available if you want to do it youself. Could be a bit of a pain getting a decent 2zz engine etc but I'm sure there are pleanty of breakers with one.  (or adam???)

ALex
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Rogue

Quote from: "northernalex"Nice, where's the airbox gone.

It's just not installed - the purpose of the test-fit was to confirm that the engine mount was correct.

Quote from: "northernalex"I was under the impression that the stock clutch would be ok? At least until it burns out?

The clutch needed changing anyway.   s:D :D s:D  

Quote from: "northernalex"Oh and patrick, can you ask your customer what his hike in insurance is like after the conversion?  s:) :) s:)

Will do.

Patrick

Anonymous

Hi Patrick,

It's looking more tempting all the time!

Will you be able to source the engines too and if so what's the availability of very low mileage units like? It's just that my 1zz has only done 5k miles so I wouldn't really want to swap it for anything that had done more than say 10K.

Steve.

red_leicester

Any update yet Patrick ?

We're waiting......

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:      s:D :D s:D
[size=84]Jez[/size]
[size=75]2001 Red MR2[/size]

philster_d

I wonder how much of the C2 power kit can be "migrated" ?    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

markiii

everything bar the manifold
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

kanujunkie

and i'm willing to bet that can be adapted
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

markiii

flange and exhaust ports are all wrong

might be able to modify tehHass manifold but teh C2 is cast, can you weld cast iron?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

kanujunkie

yeah i know the flange is wrong, but surely an adaptation could be done to it, not sure weather you can weld to cast iron, i'm guessing not, but we have a premade model to cast a new one from  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Tem

You can weld cast iron.

It's not easy and one shouldn't try it, unless he knows what he's doing. But it can be done.  s8) 8) s8)

Probably a good idea to just make a new one though. It's not that expensive in the end.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

LeeUK

You know what gas is like, he'll probably knock you one up overnight and have it in the post by the next day.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

kanujunkie

now that wouldn't surprise me if he could, guys a fabricating guru IMHO
[size=100]Stu[/size]

LeeUK

And I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Gas had something to do with the trial turbo'd 2zz MR2, just depends whether what i read was correct!  Either way he's played with alot of 2zz's in the past so it's no tall order.  Are you getting one stu/phil?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

kanujunkie

money, the usual bestower of all misery and inability to do mods, perhaps in the future, if my engine were to go bang, then yes, till then its a no  s:( :( s:(  

anyone got a bag of sugar?
[size=100]Stu[/size]

loadswine

Quote from: "kanujunkie"money, the usual bestower of all misery and inability to do mods, perhaps in the future, if my engine were to go bang, then yes, till then its a no  s:( :( s:(  

anyone got a bag of sugar?
NO!! you've not resorted to dealing in glucose ! First an ASBO, now the hard stuff!!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

aaronjb

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  See, now the truth comes out..

How many bags of white stuff did they find^H^H^H^Hplant on you then Stu?  s;) ;) s;)

Ahem, anyway.. back on topic  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

kanujunkie

for the engine, make it go bang and then slip it pass the mrs  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

philster_d

Exactly what I have always said, wont swap unless I had a problem with this one.

Trouble is I simply have to reality check before I waste anymore money on this car. New engine, fitting, returbo. remap. *shakes head* I see my dreams of home ownership fading   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

and Id still be ignoring the total impracticality of not having a boot 4 seats etc. Im half considering the pajero as a second practical car, but it seems so anti the planet having 2 gas guzzlers sitting outsides (2 insurance 2 tax etc)

Anonymous

northernalex, it looks like you're "taking the plunge".  Let me know if I can help in any way.

Anonymous

Quote from: "philster_d"Trouble is I simply have to reality check before I waste anymore money on this car.

I like the way you use "waste" rather than spend there phil!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Ernie Ball

I'm seriously thinking about something like this for next year (after I get my suspension sorted).

But I'm a little concerned that the 2zz is much harder to drive because of the RPM where the lift comes in (6000+) than, say, a TTE turbo or Prolex UK's supercharger project.  

Does it really behave just like a 1zz below the lift threshold?  If so, I can see why that would be great for the track, where you're keeping the revs high.  But I can't see what it would add for street use.  Sure, sometimes I get the revs up that high, but those times are fairly rare on the street.

Maybe I just don't drive hard enough.  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

If there's a Lotus dealer near you, try and get a test drive of both of the Elises (the S and the R), as they've got the two engines in question. Although the Elise is somewhat more focused than the '2, it'll give you a great idea as to how different the car can feel with the extra rev range and power.

northernalex

As beanie says, I'm seriously contemplating going for the plunge if the price is right and insurance possible etc.  It will be feburary when I do it though as I want to wait till my year's no claims is up.
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

philster_d

Quote from: "andy b"
Quote from: "philster_d"Trouble is I simply have to reality check before I waste anymore money on this car.

I like the way you use "waste" rather than spend there phil!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Its appropriate when the total mods for the car is running at around 14k (without the labour and servicing and stuff)

The car only cost me 10.5k  :s

Tags: