2zz engines and Rogue's Services, with images

Started by northernalex, October 10, 2006, 10:45

Anonymous

Quote from: "philster_d"
Quote from: "andy b"
Quote from: "philster_d"Trouble is I simply have to reality check before I waste anymore money on this car.

I like the way you use "waste" rather than spend there phil!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Its appropriate when the total mods for the car is running at around 14k (without the labour and servicing and stuff)

The car only cost me 10.5k  :s

When you put it that way i suppose it is!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

Has anyone heard the latest on this from Rogue? There were a few people who seemed very interested(me included)but the thread seems   to have died  s:? :? s:?

markiii

SteveJ is heading to Rogue at the weekend to see if his engine is bollocksed so should be able to give you an update when he gets back.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Cheers Mark.

Anonymous

Have emailed Patrick direct to see if there is any news?

Rogue

Sorry for the lack of updates guys - so many forums, so little time!

The job was held up while we waited for an Apexi PowerFC to arrive from Japan, and then again while we waited for a Celica 6 speed box.
All installed and running now, just some ECU tweeking required before it goes out on the road:

We can do this all day every day now if we need to! We'll sit down and work out prices and timescales before the end of the week.

Best regards,

Patrick Mortell
Rogue Motorsport Ltd
01676 530222

northernalex

Looking good  s:) :) s:)   I cant see a dipstick though, maybe its just me??
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Rogue

Quote from: "northernalex"Looking good  s:) :) s:)   I cant see a dipstick though, maybe its just me??

Let me know if that images isn't clear enough and I'll do it again at a higher resolution.

Best regards,

Patrick Mortell
Rogue Motorsport Ltd
01676 530222

northernalex

ahh  s:) :) s:)  nice one  s:) :) s:)

(i need me eyes tested  s:) :) s:)  )
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Anonymous

that's my car!!

mapping as we speak;

hoping for some good news tomorrow

i promise that you'll be the first to hear

btw apparently the six speed gearbox is essential to get the most out of the increased cam lift/duration of the 2zz, hence the wait while i sourced one.

i live in the sticks and am somewhat nocturnal, tend to find i use all the revs available to me, so this conversion makes good sense.

ultimately i forsee forced induction, whether it's a GT28rs or a Rotrex supercharger remains to be seen. i am told that the standard celica clutch will be sufficient until then, after that i'm looking at £350+vat for something stronger

regards,

(a very excited)

gav

Anonymous

Gav,

wheres the EDFC for those TEINs?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

The new engine looks nice though, wish i could afford to have it done!  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

philster_d

yeah cool, just wish there was a cast manifold to mate it to a nice turbo   s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

Can't wait to see the figures and hear what you think of it Gav!  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

SteveJ

Quote from: "philster_d"yeah cool, just wish there was a cast manifold to mate it to a nice turbo   s8) 8) s8)

Depending on results of a leakdown test on my engine (poorly at the mo  s:-( :-( s:-( ), watch this space  s;) ;) s;)

markiii

damn hope you change your socks as often, last week you reckoned a 2zz totally unsuitable for a roadster.

s:D :D s:D
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

SteveJ

Quote from: "markiii"damn hope you change your socks as often, last week you reckoned a 2zz totally unsuitable for a roadster.

s:D :D s:D

As a road car  s;) ;) s;)   s;) ;) s;)

LeeUK

Ferrari Enzo is a road car, is a 2zz turbo'd roadster quicker somehow?  Must be on Jay-K's to buy list.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

No car is too OTT for the road (unless it has rocket boosters) as long as it has a smooth tune that allows you to potter around still (like the McLaren F1 does according to tiff).  You are in control of how far you push the accelerator down I would hope!   s:? :? s:?
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

Anonymous

SteveJ

Quote from: "LeeUK"Ferrari Enzo is a road car, is a 2zz turbo'd roadster quicker somehow?  Must be on Jay-K's to buy list.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

No car is too OTT for the road (unless it has rocket boosters) as long as it has a smooth tune that allows you to potter around still (like the McLaren F1 does according to tiff).  You are in control of how far you push the accelerator down I would hope!   s:? :? s:?

I was referring to the fact that to get the best out of the 2zz you need to keep the revs up which doesnt make for a relaxing drive.

2ZZ turbo gives you the best of both worlds (and more  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  )

dieamond

I'm sooo in a hurry to get my 6spd egarbox !!

2ZZ + Euro 5spd is crap  s:-( :-( s:-(
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

aaronjb

Congrats Gav (you lucky sod  s;) ;) s;) )  s:) :) s:)

Quote from: "SteveJ"I was referring to the fact that to get the best out of the 2zz you need to keep the revs up which doesnt make for a relaxing drive.

So, no different from the 1ZZ then?  Because we all know what a powerhouse the 1ZZ is under 4000rpm..  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

edward.carter

So guessing by your post, your not excited at all then....  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

rob_g_clarkson

c'mon mr Rogue, I think you need to get some prices up!!!

Just so I can see how much I'm gonna have to try and squirrel away without the Mrs finding out!!!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Tags: