Zorstec...

Started by Wabbitkilla, October 16, 2006, 14:43

Wabbitkilla

There is a company in Bradford;
Linky

Who manufacture s/s exhausts, systems, tubular manifolds.
Now having see FGrob's manifold and thinking to myself "ooh err, they're tiny" and after Ste's had trouble with cracking i was wondering if anyone has used Zorstec for work?

s:?: :?: s:?:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"There is a company in Bradford;
Linky

Who manufacture s/s exhausts, systems, tubular manifolds.
Now having see FGrob's manifold and thinking to myself "ooh err, they're tiny" and after Ste's had trouble with cracking i was wondering if anyone has used Zorstec for work?

s:?: :?: s:?:

Just to clarify - we are talking manifold tube diameter as made by Che, which are not equal lengths.

Not seen that site before Nick, I've spoken to several companies but most want to stick to exhausts and not get involved with manifolds. I did get one quote from a company via SP who wanted £1400 just for the manifold plus £300 for ceramic coating  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

H&S would seem to be a good solution but that then brings in the problem of heat, I have been advised not to ceramic coat stainless due to it causing problems with the welds, all to do with thermal expansion and the fact that the ceramic coating holds the heat in not allowing the stainless to heat and cool correctly.

I have been talking to one company who have offered to make a stainless manifold and also fit it with a heat sheild - but again it's all down to cost and volume.

Thanks
Rob

Wabbitkilla

Yes indeed Rob, but...

I have made initial contact with Zorstec to see what they can offer - and in regard to a possible GB. They build manifolds for Kitcars and look quite nice quality. Their bike exhausts can be pretty special but they like to be on the loud side.

What i've suggested is equal length pipework, with larger diameter than the ebay manifolds.

Watch this space.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from

spit

Interested in a price for a bespoke equal length setup mani-turbo.

My stainless welder in Stockport has offered me a build for a day's labour (about £250) plus materials - I'm going for MS flanges (they have the computerised gizmo to cut these out on-site) and 321 stainless dairy bends.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

So was I the only one who found the topless chick on a bike exciting?

http://www.zorstec.net/babe_gallery_flash.htm

Wabbitkilla

Sorry about the other thread Ste  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

I was looking for the one where your cracked but ave up after several pages of fruitless search.

I'll update when i get an answer from these guys.

spit

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"Sorry about the other thread Ste  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  No worries you sensitive sod  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Cracks are in the C2 install thread here

Be interesting to see what sort of deal the zutons can come up with for a run of manifolds.

Anonymous

Nick

Don't forget I've got my old manifold they can use for their jig, if the price is right that is.

The company I'm talking to is Zero, their web site is  w www.zeroexhausts.co.uk w  Again same as you Nick GB discussions using my manifold as the jig.

So to re-cap we have two potential and one confirmed in H&S manufacturers currently involved with this little project.

The only other consideration is the positioning of the O2 sensors I think in all three cases it will involve the lengthening of the cables - something to take into account.

Thanks
Rob

PS I have some photo's of the Che, on the car, plus the original manifold I can send you if this will help your guy's to price the manifold, PM me if you want me to send them to you.

Anonymous

I wouldn't worry overly about the length of the individual che header pipes - the original Toyotoa mild steel manifold has very unequal header pipe lengths - two cyclinders have a very short and the other two are quite long and the che seems to mirror that setup two long two 'shorter'... The Impreza has had unequal headers for most of it's life and it hasn't affected it's performance or reliability....

Wabbitkilla

First off, he says he can't beat the ebay price for Che.

But to me that's not the issue, i only sent him the link to give him an idea what i'm talking about.

So when i've got rid of this mucky cold i'll give them a ring a pootle down to have a chinwag and see what they say. Mind yew i spotted this today as regards silencer / exit, which i quite like the look of;
eBay

spit

I'd pursue this with the Stockport crew aswell Nic, but they're not short of projects at the moment.

Very nice Janspeed, but the inlet is the wrong orientation for the 2's Cat flange ....  s:? :? s:?  Wrong photo maybe?

Wabbitkilla

I had a look on Janspeeds website, and this picture is the Elise exhaust (for Toyota power plants)- they don't have a picture for the MR2 version. Maybe your mates at Prolex have seen one?

Well, Zorstec are closer to me for now so i'll concentrate on them.

spit

If you need to borrow a stock manifold for jigging the relative positions of in, out and engine mounts I have a spare kicking about.

Wabbitkilla

Cracking idea Ste - oops, no pun intended.

Shall i pop over this weekend?

Tags: