Same sized tyres all around

Started by Tem, October 17, 2006, 13:22

markiii

hmmm westfield

so

westefield, bugger all weight over teh back wheels rear wheel drive and rain, sounds liek a recipe for oversteer.

the exact opposite though of teh roadster weight over teh rear wheels, but a too small contact patch

I wonder if the whole difference in weight, tyre width e.t. e.t.c is is contributing to these disagreements in absolute terms it may be considerably more neutral than said westfield.

however in terms of teh roadster specific discussion thats another matter
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

more than anything just impressed how handling balance remains largely unchanged regardless of weather conditions, even when running cock eyed tyres

if thats a trait of mid engined cars i suspect not, many stories of 340R's, Exiges and early Elises being horrid in the wet, so all in all big thumbs up to Toyota and Yokohama I say!

Anonymous

340Rs and Exiges run on 048s, which are 'interesting' in the wet to say the least  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

juansolo

I've driven a 340R with A048R's on the front and Elise fronts on the back with taiwanese ditch finders on them.  Now that was interesting and definately not recommended for road use.
[size=75]Porsche Cayman - Curvy (almost) perfection
Juno SSE-CN - Bonkers track thing
Mercedes 190E - Das Uberbarge still going strong[/size]

Anonymous

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

How the hell did you manage to keep that on the road?!

Still, 048s + dry road = sticky grippy heaven.  s8) 8) s8)

juansolo

It wasn't on a road  s:) :) s:)   Tooling about at Sieghford, I'm pretty sure I have some pictures somewhere...  Basically touch the throttle and the back wheels spun up.  Very hard to do anything useful with.
[size=75]Porsche Cayman - Curvy (almost) perfection
Juno SSE-CN - Bonkers track thing
Mercedes 190E - Das Uberbarge still going strong[/size]

Tags: