Quick Poll - Tyres - how long did your's last from new?

Started by Anonymous, November 1, 2006, 10:42

aaronjb

I got probably 12k out of the last set of rears, maybe a little more - they were down to the wear-markers when I changed them, though  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

danwebster

4500 miles on my rears so far and they're on the markers now, they'll be shagged after next weekend at bedford.

I do drive it like I stole it though   s:P :P s:P

kanujunkie

Quote from: "danwebster"I do drive it like I stole it though   s:P :P s:P

is there any other way?
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Right.... they are finally replaced.  Final mileage was exactly 39400 and they were still legal at about 2.5mm/3mm!  Mind you what a difference, much less tramlining and sharper turn in - I wouldn't recommend leaving them that long.  Wish I'd had them replaced earlier.  Cost for std. Bridgestone RE040s was £84 each inc. VAT, fitting & balancing etc. done locally and done well.

I called MrT for a quote....  £105 each - wow - that's quite a difference.  Imagine a full set from them - the rears are more, so you would be looking at about £450 - £500ish all in!

Cheers.

danwebster

I had a pair of rears(RE040's) fitted on monday for 65 quid a peice. They were on the markers with the left rear (being the side that takes the most stick on islands) having about 2 inches of complete slick!

Anonymous

Off topic for me as we no longer have the 2

But I am getting 10k out of my current front P6000's, just had my 20k service and switched the rears over as they had 6mm left and the fronts had 4 (so I did better this year).

Planning on switching all 4 to Eagle F1s or Toyo R1's as these are rummored to be harder wearing (and better than the P6000's anyway).  Oh the joys of FWD TDI Scramble Waggon ownership.

Tags: