Che header

Started by dreambackup, November 7, 2006, 17:27

heathstimpson

Quote from: "FGRob"Heath

What was your torque line like on the graph, although I was only 128, it ran from 2500 RPM through 6300RPM in a straight line, it would have been nice to see someone have the Che with a Unichip dyno'd.

I've just priced up the Power FC £395 from Japan Thor want £350 for fitting and mapping, how much is the unichip fitted?

Thanks
Rob
I have looked at the map and the strange thing is the torque looks to run between 125 and 130 but on the day it was put down as 144  s:? :? s:?  It is nye on a straight line from 2500rpm but dips slightly @ around 5500rpm. Maybe it was on the other map as I had two runs on both but only one graph printed. Unsure which map has the higher torque now. Mark does your data show this  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Heath

The graph you have is the best you did on that day, once it peaks it prints off your best result. I think they ran mine about 4 / 5 times before they printed the final graph.

The photo of the graph that Rich took (Dyno thread) is my first run  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  Nice pic's by the way  s:D :D s:D  

Rob

aaronjb

Quote from: "FGRob"I'm not sure Alex, when I spoke to Thor they were unsure as the majority of the cars they've mapped were MRS not UK spec, but then again you are replacing the ECU completely so I suppose it's not a problem, the only area that they would need to check is the plug to ensure they are compatable.

As far as I know the plugs on the ECU are the same, even if the internals may be slightly different (the diagnostic port isn't OBD-II compliant, and it must be missing the code - and probably hardware support for - the 3rd O2 sensor on the J-spec).

But they've mapped at least one UK spec, I'm sure (didn't Dan take his to Thor?)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Thanks Aaron for the info, let's see if Dan can confirm.

Rob

markiii

they also did mine, Seans, and Nigels, the latter with a PFC
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"they also did mine, Seans, and Nigels, the latter with a PFC

Mark

Were they UK or J spec, plus I'm only interested in the PFC.

Thanks
Rob

markiii

all UK
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

markiii

but teh plugs are teh same anyway

Anonymous

Quote from: "heathstimpson"I have looked at the map and the strange thing is the torque looks to run between 125 and 130 but on the day it was put down as 144  s:? :? s:?  It is nye on a straight line from 2500rpm but dips slightly @ around 5500rpm. Maybe it was on the other map as I had two runs on both but only one graph printed. Unsure which map has the higher torque now. Mark does your data show this  s:?: :?: s:?:

Interesting - My torque was 129 on the day - in a more or less continuous flat line right across the rev range until 5.5k . Given the similarity of our setups maybe someone made an error  when recording your peak figure(144 does seem a lot higher)

When I had mine chipped at millways my torque was recorded at 118 stock. After chipping the curve was flatter and consistently running around 128 lb/ft.

Either way I still believe that the unichip's best gains are in midrange torque rather than peak power - this is why it is such a great mod for every day driving. The difference on the motorway is very noticeable - much more grunt from even very low down means I rarely have to change down from sixth.

Anonymous

BTW - Anyone know if che headers are still available as I'd like to give one a go ? Spyderchat is blocked by my firewall for some reason.

Unless you want to give me yours Rob when you change over?

Anonymous

Quote from: "simonp"BTW - Anyone know if che headers are still available as I'd like to give one a go ? Spyderchat is blocked by my firewall for some reason.

Unless you want to give me yours Rob when you change over?

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

dreambackup

get it here:

m http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 8045759371 m

[size=67]2003 Toyota MR-S 1E3 SMT w/ hardtop, red painted calipers & red J-Spec nose badge, PPE intake w/ Apex\'i air filter, Way-Do TRD + C1 springs, front C1 sway bar, TRD front strut tower brace, Corky\'s breastplate, 1E3 Dev keyhole covers, Che header, Remus dual[/size]

Anonymous

cheers but that item is out of date and not listed by the seller anymore.
I'm emailing him to see if he has any in stock.

rtbiscuit

damn eveyone is gonna have this done before me!  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Chris

Quote from: "simonp"
Quote from: "heathstimpson"I have looked at the map and the strange thing is the torque looks to run between 125 and 130 but on the day it was put down as 144  s:? :? s:?  It is nye on a straight line from 2500rpm but dips slightly @ around 5500rpm. Maybe it was on the other map as I had two runs on both but only one graph printed. Unsure which map has the higher torque now. Mark does your data show this  s:?: :?: s:?:

Interesting - My torque was 129 on the day - in a more or less continuous flat line right across the rev range until 5.5k . Given the similarity of our setups maybe someone made an error  when recording your peak figure(144 does seem a lot higher)

I think that's probably a likely scenario, as my setup is very similar to yours and heaths (us mapped unichip, remus exhaust, standard filter and precats still in) and my torque curve is similar - flat at 125 from 2500, with a slight lump at 4500rpm before tailing off after 5500.

I suppose the only other factors that could account for the 15lb ft extra heaths made would be a) map selected (map a for me) and fuel (bog standard texaco on the day).

I think i've also come to the same conclusion that the che manifold seems to be the way forward as a cheap, quick and easy way to de-precat with the added bonus of a little extra performance but without the compromises of the other performance headers, so therefore it will be my next mod!!   s8) 8) s8)
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Anonymous

Is this the start of a che manifold group buy?

rtbiscuit

i'm in  s:D :D s:D

do you think mark will invite us all round so we can have a group fitting session as well.

the next mini meet   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Previous cars:

ratmat02

Yeah go on,have a GB just after i bought mine,swines  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
black,53 reg,red leather,TTE springs,Che manifold,Markiii inlet pipe.Devs keyhole covers.Sony stereo that makes my ariel go up and down!
Fabia VRS fu\'t wife.

Anonymous

thats two,  get the plusgas ready!

rtbiscuit

so who's going to organise this little spending fest.

you'll be pleased to know that the exchange rate is 1.92 dolors to the pound.

i think it works out delivred to your door $275 which is about £140, theres another thread somewhere and it mentions price. in fact i think its this one.

so i wonder if we have enough people if we can get it lower   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

but to be honest, thats a damn good price!

Previous cars:

Anonymous

I'm in.

Anonymous

looking at the dyno day results I'd say there every chance of getting 10 people interested?  Is anyone a trained negotiator who wishes to crack Che?

Anonymous

Right guys - I've just PM'd Che asking if he still has these and how much they are going to cost.
I also asked about the possibility of a group buy.

I'll keep you posted.

s:D :D s:D

rtbiscuit

a most joyful Yay!

Previous cars:

Tags: