Which power boost system features a water-mist unit?

Started by Anonymous, November 11, 2006, 18:07

Anonymous

As most of you will have read from my posts I'm running my car without the stock air inlet pipe, pending delivery of the markiii replacement.

Yesterday evening driving back from the office the weather was nasty. Fairly cold with a light drizzle. I know from experience that the cooler air helps to improve the engine sound/responsivenous. About 2 weeks ago the performance was considerably better whilst driving in torrential rain, but it was too dangerous to take full advantage! I put the extra clout down to a fluke, but a similar thing happened yesterday.

Perhaps someone with a hell of a lot more technical knowledge than me can advise whether or not this is possible. If so I'm going to apply for a patent  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

m http://www.aquamist.co.uk/ m

There is a difference using WI on a NA but not as much as with a turbo.

northernalex

isnt water getting into your air intake a bad thing?
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Anonymous

Some water no, alot of water yes. If it's in a mist form it drops inlet temperature considerably.

Anonymous

Cheers Ian

Thanks for the info and link. My un-intentional heath-robinson aquamist system appears to be doing the trick  s:!: :!: s:!:   Roll on the next wet day  s:!: :!: s:!:  Whahay  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Roger H"Cheers Ian

Thanks for the info and link. My un-intentional heath-robinson aquamist system appears to be doing the trick  s:!: :!: s:!:   Roll on the next wet day  s:!: :!: s:!:  Whahay  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

No problem   s:D :D s:D  . If you do a google for diy water injection there are a few people that have made kits from bits and bobs for about £100 IIRC. Maybe worth someone that is NA giving it a try 1day and see if it makes a noticible difference. That and adding a bit of methanol to the water should give some ponies, if not adding any, will stop you losing any on hotter days.

Tags: