x-crosspipes

Started by Anonymous, November 27, 2006, 21:13

Anonymous

hello all im a bit new to all this so no tech jargon please. i have just bought a x pipe air filter  kit and for a while it was sweet nice noise and no flat spots but then a warning light came on so long story short it was running too lean so any ideas how to get around this. also i would like to get a bit more poke so any help would be a great help
thanks all

Anonymous

I suggest you do a search for "Cleaning your MAF" That's a good place to start, also you might want to get your CEL read which should give you an idea of what the problem is. Depending where you live there might be a member who lives near to you with a code reader.

Good luck
Rob

aaronjb

A lean code - if you've been near the intake recently - is likely a leak somewhere after the MAF, that's the first place to start checking (if you start sucking air in post-MAF then you've more air going in than is measured, and you'll run lean)

Otherwise there could be other reasons for the code, but that's a cheap place to start looking - after that; was it reading one bank lean or both banks?
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

evileye_wrx

When I first installed my Blitz Induction Kit I got an immediate CEL. All I did was switch off and switch on the ignition again and it went away. I didn't have any problems with it after that.

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Liz

Probably a P0171- IIRC   s:? :? s:?   - mine threw the same CEL on the way to Silverstone on Saturday...I had cleaned my maf previously and it threw the code after that...who read the code for you - was it Mr T?  Can't say that I have heard of that filter - where did you get it from...as for the extra poke - SC or Turbo.

Welcome anyway to another Essex member going by your username.  s:D :D s:D
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Liz"Probably a P0171- IIRC   s:? :? s:?   - mine threw the same CEL on the way to Silverstone on Saturday...I had cleaned my maf previously and it threw the code after that...who read the code for you - was it Mr T? ...

Liz, have you fixed the problem yet? You can find the step by step dignostic and remedy procedure in the BGB. Let me know if you need a copy on this section.

Liz

Thanks for that Simon, very kind of you, but my car is in now getting the TTE turbo fitted, I told Matt at Silverstone about it and he is going to sort it out when the turbo is done.

Anonymous

Cheers all will try the maff guide if not i will get someone who knows what the hell they are doing   s:D :D s:D

Liz

If you get stuck you are only up the road from me, pop round and I will do it for you..if you trust a girl with your car of course!!

Tags: