Wiper motor

Started by SimonC_Here, November 28, 2006, 08:21

SimonC_Here

Right great day for it but my wipers are making a very unhealthy noise.
Sounds like I need a new motor so, as usual:

How much for MrT to do it? (Although I'm going to call them in a mo)
Is it easy enough for me to do myself?

Not fun driving in the rain wondering if the wipers are going to pack up.

<edit>
£148 +VAT for the motor  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

ADAM!!!!!!!!

</edit>

Simon

darrenjuggins

woops!

You might be able to salvage your current one, maybe a little work on the motor.... I had mine replaced (but under warranty) I hadn't realised how slooooowww they where going before!

anyway good luck, maybe someone will sell you one off a salvage motor, worth a try, bet it's less than £148 + Vat + Fitting.

Good luck simon

Cheers

Darren J
Darren A. Juggins

normanh

Can I suggest you check the following before you determine its the moter, remove the wiper arms away from the front screen and switch on moter, if its the motor it will make a noise even with no wipers. I had this problem on a car and was ready to change motor then I discovered it was just the wiper blade assembly that was totally shot, changing those solved the noise!

Normanh

SimonC_Here

Tried that, thanks.
Nope, the noise is coming from the motor and it vibrates when it is on. Feels like a bearing gone titsup.

Anyone know of a 2 being broken up?

Simon

spit

Quote from: "SimonC_Here"Anyone know of a 2 being broken up?
Yours, by the sound of it  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
 just kidding

As you mentioned, Adam is a prime choice.

Or you might like to try http://www.find-a-part.co.uk/ and fill in the online form.

I haven't used them for a while, but a few years back my request for a rare AZ-3 window mechanism yielded a choice of 4 within 24hours. I just left the answerphone on and picked the winning message  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

(PS Don't forget to specify the MR-S as an alternative option - a lot of the breakers that sign up to Find-a-Part are big on crashed JDM stock).
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

SimonC_Here

Quote from: "spit"
Quote from: "SimonC_Here"Anyone know of a 2 being broken up?
Yours, by the sound of it  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
 just kidding

Just 'cos you want to get the panels off my car so you too can have a green one!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:     s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Thanks for the web site, I'll give it a go after I've found out how hard it is to change the motor myself.

Thank

Simon

spit

Simon - have a poke in my [WTB] headlamp thread. You might get lucky.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Tags: