'55 Roadster autochanger question

Started by Anonymous, November 28, 2006, 15:54

Anonymous

Hi @.  

I have the standard head unit & Toyota autochanger in my 55 '2, but would like to install my Alpine 9812 headunit, and also hook up my mp3 player (not an ipod) to the Alpine.  So, I have a couple of questions please...

First, does anyone know what make of autochanger the stock Toyota one is?  I'm trying to work out if I should just disconnect the autochanger & use the input for my mp3 player with a £12 Alpine AInet to RCA cable, or spend £50 on a clever Alpine box that allows me to run an autochanger AND some RCAs for the mp3 player.  No point doing the latter of course if the autochanger isn't compatible with the Alpine though.

Second, I think I've sussed out which adapters etc to get for the head unit, but I've been unable to find a dummies guide to changing the HU, as all the links on this forum to such a guide appear to be dead.  Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Many thanks.  Mark.

rob_g_clarkson

can't really offer anyadvise on how to connect up your mp3 player, however i fond this useful for changing the HU: clicky

markiii

m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12583 m

in the library, you need to narrow the search down a bit
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Thanks guys, those will be useful.  I think I'll save the money & just disconnect the autochanger.  Who needs 6 CDs when I have a 30GB mp3 player   s:lol: :lol: s:lol: .

rob_g_clarkson

my thoughts exactly... which is why i'm waiting for this beauty to be delivered:

CDs should become a thing of the past.... (or for the Mrs' car   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  )

Anonymous

Yeah, that's a lovely bit of kit.  Enjoy!

Tags: