Dyno Results from teh 25th November Dyno Extravaganza

Started by markiii, November 30, 2006, 13:28

markiii

Guys, Posted seperately here as it's more performance related.

I've included dyno plots for those that have sent them to me, I'll add more as I get them

Dyno Results

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
User Name:   Unknown existing SP Customer who was there on the day
Name:   Bill Lang
Mileage:   25K
Power Mods:   TTE Turbo 7-8PSI

Expected Power:   180bhp
Actual Power:   178.8bhp

Expected Torque:   188 ft/lb
Actual Torque:   215ft/lb

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User Name:   Evileye
Name:   Phil Martin
Mileage:   9K
Power Mods:   Stock

Expected Power:   ?bhp
Actual Power:   138bhp

Expected Torque:   ?ft/lb
Actual Torque:   125ft/lb

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
User Name:   MuffDan
Name:   Jason Fielder
Mileage:   79K
Power Mods:   Che Header

Expected Power:   138bhp
Actual Power:   106bhp

Expected Torque:   ? ft/lb
Actual Torque:   114 ft/lb

User Name:   Turbo Steve
Name:   Steve Aland
Mileage:   32K
Power Mods:   Hass Stage II Turbo 10PSI

Expected Power:   220bhp
Actual Power:   214bhp

Actual Torque:   214 ft/lb

User Name:   SimonP
Name:   Simon Prowse
Mileage:   25K
Power Mods:   TTE Exhaust, markiii inlet pipe, TRD Filter, no precats, unichip

Expected Power:   145-150 bhp
Actual Power:   145 bhp

Actual Torque:   129 ft/lb

User Name:   Philster_d
Name:   Phil Dittum
Mileage:   30K
Power Mods:   C2 Power Turbo (V2) 12PSI

Expected Power:   220bhp
Actual Power:   269bhp

Expected Torque:   210 ft/lb
Actual Torque:   246 ft/lb

User Name:   bossman23780
Name:   Chris Dargavel
Mileage:   43k
Power Mods:   TTE Turbo 7-8PSI, TRD Flywheel, TRD LSD, C-1 Drive train Pulley

Expected Power:   175bhp
Actual Power:   184bhp

Expected Torque:   160 ft/lb
Actual Torque:   216 ft/lb

User Name:   Gazz
Name:   Gary Bacon
Mileage:   37K
Power Mods:   TTE Turbo 7-8PSI, TTE Exhaust, markiii inlet pipe

Expected Power:   180bhp
Actual Power:   200bhp

Actual Torque:   211 ft/lb

User Name:   Spit
Name:   Ste Pittey
Mileage:   91K
Power Mods:   C2 Power Turbo (V1) 12PSI, Exeddy Clutch

Expected Power:   ? bhp
Actual Power:   267bhp

Actual Torque:   230 ft/lb

User Name:   Chris
Name:   Chris Roy
Mileage:   36K
Power Mods:   Unichip, Remus Dual Exhaust

Expected Power:   140 bhp
Actual Power:   143.9 bhp

Expected Torque:   130 ft/lb
Actual Torque:   130 ft/lb

User Name:   Loadsawine
Name:   Nigel Eccles
Mileage:   17K
Power Mods:   PE Turbo 7.5-7.9 PSI, MWR Chargecooler, Top Secret decat pipe, TTE Exhaust

Expected Power:   180 bhp
Actual Power:   199 bhp

Expected Torque:   170 ft/lb
Actual Torque:   185 ft/lb

User Name:   Heathstimpson
Name:   Heath Stimpson
Mileage:   31.5K
Power Mods:   Unichip, TRD Filter, H&S Dual Exhaust, markiii inlet pipe

Expected Power:   150 bhp
Actual Power:   144 bhp

Expected Torque:   135 ft/lb
Actual Torque:   144 ft/lb

User Name:   TommyD
Name:   Tom Dawson
Mileage:   30K
Power Mods:   Stock

Expected Power:   125 bhp
Actual Power:   133 bhp

Expected Torque:   130 ft/lb
Actual Torque:   124 ft/lb

User Name:   Leggy
Name:   Alex Dove
Mileage:   38K
Power Mods:   Cstom Twin Exhaust, Che Manifold, Panel Filter, markiii inlet pipe

Expected Power:   140 bhp
Actual Power:   146 bhp

Actual Torque:   130 ft/lb

User Name:   FGRob
Name:   Rob Stanyer
Mileage:   6.9K
Power Mods:   Ce manifold, Blueflame exhaust, K&N Panel Filter

Expected Power:   ? bhp
Actual Power:   147 bhp

Actual Torque:   128 ft/lb

User Name:   markiii
Name:   Mark Jones
Mileage:   40K
Power Mods:   Hass Stage II Turbo 9.7PSI, Custom Exhaust, Apexi Intake, RPS Streetmax Clutch and Flywheel

Expected Power:   200 bhp
Actual Power:   264 bhp

Actual Torque:   252 ft/lb

and for comparison Phil emailed me his TTE run from Hypersports wwho use teh same dyno as WRC. Phil has a TTE Turbo

Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

loadswine

Some interesting stuff there that will fuel many lines of debate. It was great to be there when so many cars were dyno'd .
For the record, I think my own boost figures were actually 7.5 to 7.9 according to the charts that Thor produced. ( haven't changed it since they set it up)
Some stonking figures there, guess that reflects the effort that our members go to in setting up their cars.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

markiii

thanks Nigel I've ameneded that
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

philster_d

All fly wheel figures ?

If so why dont we use WHP ?

markiii

no idea

Anonymous

its often easier to compare flywheel figures as these are the one manufacturers use  (ie what more than 14o are you getting)

it appears that wastage through the 'two's gearbox is around 17% if you wanted to work it out

spit

Conversion factor used to get to flypower on the day was 12% for the '2s (and IIRC 15% for the TVR)
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

markiii

excellent so as Phils big heavy 17" wheels cause more parastic losses I probably put out more power  :-) :-) :-)  in real terms

philster_d

Sure  s;) ;) s;)

Slacey

Quote from: "spit"Conversion factor used to get to flypower on the day was 12% for the '2s (and IIRC 15% for the TVR)
That's what the WRC guys told me. They reckoned the loss was quite small on the '2 due to the axles being driven virtually straight off the gearbox, whereas the TVR has a short propshaft.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

markiii

Quote from: "philster_d"Sure  s;) ;) s;)

yep I am

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

speaking for the NA boys the big surpirise of the day was the amount of gain people were getting from the che manifold.

With some people running around 133bhp standard the che manifold engines were putting out 145-147bhp with only panel filter changes.

Not bad considering you could get one for less than £200 what with the weak dollar.

EDIT: Except MuffDan whose che header managed to lose him over 30bhp from stock!!! - Something very wrong there!???

loadswine

You can't beat the exchange rate of "bang for the buck!"
Yep, the Che's headers don't seem bad value do they?  s:) :) s:)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

philster_d

I mean I would have even more if I threw on the other wheels  s;) ;) s;)

Slacey

Purely for reference:

274.6bhp
315ft-lb

Anonymous

Sean, im a stats man, was wondering if you knew what your 0-60 was, etc on the griff also is that a good representation of the kinda power it should be producing?!

i have no clue  s:? :? s:?

Tem

Quote from: "bossman23780"Sean, I'm a stats man, was wondering if you knew what your 0-60 was, etc on the griff also is that a good representation of the kinda power it should be producing?!

i have no clue  s:? :? s:?

Weight/horsepower.  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Whats the weight then?   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Slacey

TVR's figures - 340bhp, 340ft-lb - they are WAY over-inflated  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

275bhp & 300ft-lb is what a healthy Griff 500 should produce, so I'm on the money for horsepower and up on torque. O-60 is in a proven 4.8 - 5 seconds, and the power to weight ratio is 266bhp per ton (vehicle weight is 1050kgs).

Anonymous

Nice   s8) 8) s8)  

Quote from: "Slacey"TVR's figures - 340bhp, 340ft-lb - they are WAY over-inflated  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

saw those figures on the net and thought it was more wishfull thinking!

Anonymous

been thinking again! ...

looking at the dyno results and other TTE dyno's, i wondered why that roughly on average the TTE turbo seems to be in the correct zone of BHP that was quoted origanally by TTE! yet nearly everyones torque figures seem to be well above what TTE say it should have been!

i wonder why this is?

kanujunkie

mapping, easier to trim down than tune up
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

muffdan

Quote from: "simonp"Except MuffDan whose che header managed to lose him over 30bhp from stock!!! - Something very wrong there!???

s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Yeah, I had suspisions that I had a blocked main cat, this dyno run was to confirmed it  s:) :) s:)  SP agreed and fitted me their nice down pipe along with a TTET and SP back box earlier this week, the car is a little bit faster now   s:D :D s:D   Wish I had an updated dyno run I could post you, I don't like being the slowest car dyno'd!
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

firepower

a little bit faster  s:?: :?: s:?:  

welcome to the turbo club, numbers are only part of it the driving expierience is the best bit  s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D  

see you got your sp down pipe and back box , ordered and payed for mine but  im still waiting for it now been told it will be in the new year   s:( :( s:(    s:( :( s:(    s:( :( s:(
01 tte turbo, sp exhaust and down pipe, tte springs 190hp more power soon ? 205lb/ft
1/4 mile 14.6 s @ 90 .55 mph  ( at drag strip )

muffdan

Quote from: "firepower"a little bit faster  s:?: :?: s:?:  

welcome to the turbo club, numbers are only part of it the driving expierience is the best bit  s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D  
(   s:( :( s:(    s:( :( s:(

Yeah, the car is seriously quick now, I wanted to go straight for the SP240, but Matt couldn't get that done for Christmas. Will be going back in the new year for that and then I'll get a dyno run and see what she's pushing.

The SP exhaust and SP back box do sound nice and look great, there's a fantastic burble when it's ticking over, and sounds great when you wind it up too. Very pleased with the overall package, you're going to like!
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Tags: