xdesign

Any ideas?

I currently have -2.10!

I run on SS TEINs.

Anonymous

Quote from: "xdesign"Any ideas?

I currently have -2.10!

I run on SS TEINs.

Check your ride height, you need to make sure you are at the reccommemded Tein setting, that should bring it to about -1.9 and thats about it. I think mine are running at -1.95 and -1.99 which is purfectly OK on the rear.

Rob

Take a look here for your ride height settings  m http://www.tein.com/ti/inst/2l22u.pdf m  

Put this in the wrong thread  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

roger

Stock is -1.08 +/-  0.75, with difference between L & R no more than 0.75.

No idea how this affect teins, make of it what you will.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

Quote from: "roger"Stock is -1.08 +/-  0.75, with difference between L & R no more than 0.75.

No idea how this affect teins, make of it what you will.

Hi Roger

Remember when you lower the car your setting change so the stock listings can only be used as a guide line. Plus on the back there is little or no adjustment - except with s file  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Rob

xdesign

My Teins are adjusted based on the manual.

That is 20mm front and 23mm rear for the spring height.

From fender to the center of the rim is 31cm front 32cm rear.

As it's supposed to be.

roger

Quote from: "FGRob"Remember when you lower the car your setting change so the stock listings can only be used as a guide line. Plus on the back there is little or no adjustment - except with s file  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Rob

Agreed, thats why it says

QuoteIf the camber is not within the specified value, inspect the suspension parts for damage and/or wear and replace them if necessary because camber is not adjustable.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

Quote from: "xdesign"My Teins are adjusted based on the manual.

That is 20mm front and 23mm rear for the spring height.

From fender to the center of the rim is 31cm front 32cm rear.

As it's supposed to be.

There's not a great deal you can do then, unless you fancy slotting your top mount holes, which for the difference you'er talking about it's not worth it.

Rob

Anonymous

Quote from: "roger"Agreed, thats why it says

QuoteIf the camber is not within the specified value, inspect the suspension parts for damage and/or wear and replace them if necessary because camber is not adjustable.

That's it then I'm replacing my rear end  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Rob

SteveJ

Mark had to use crash bolts (bolts with an off centre cam on them) to adjust his rear camber after sliding through a gutter at Northweald.

We managed to remove a positive  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  1 degree camber from one wheel !

Tem

Quote from: "FGRob"Remember when you lower the car your setting change

TRD Sportivo comes with plates that set the camber back to stock with the lowering.  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "FGRob"Remember when you lower the car your setting change

TRD Sportivo comes with plates that set the camber back to stock with the lowering.  s8) 8) s8)

Hmmm Never realized that, so they will alter the back,  s:?: :?: s:?:   The shocks we are talking about are Teins Super Street which if supplied with the pillow ball top mounts will be adjustable on the front.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tem

Quote from: "FGRob"Never realized that, so they will alter the back,  s:?: :?: s:?:

Yes, basically it comes with two plates that you insert between the chassis and the ...whatsitcalled...

QuoteThe shocks we are talking about are Teins Super Street which if supplied with the pillow ball top mounts will be adjustable on the front.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

I know. Just wanted to point out that some kits come with hardware to correct the change in camber, so lowering doesn't necessarily change it.  s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

QuoteYes, basically it comes with two plates that you insert between the chassis and the ...whatsitcalled...

It's called the cross member, so it's basically droping the middle lower tie bar, pulling the strut in again. Clever can you buy these seperately?

The only concern would be the ground clearance, it's already low and you are introducing something that will lower it even further.

Thanks
Rob

Tem

Quote from: "FGRob"Clever can you buy these seperately?

I haven't seen them, but it would be very easy to make one, if you just know the proper width you need. The ones with Sportivo look like this, on the lower right corner, in the plastic bag. It's just a metal plate with two holes in it, so the bolts keep it in place.

QuoteThe only concern would be the ground clearance, it's already low and you are introducing something that will lower it even further.

I don't think that's an issue. The plate is only 1mm thick or so.

xdesign

If only I could get one of those in my hands... I have a plasma cutter!

dieamond

I have several dog bones sets at home ^^
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

Anonymous

A member on Spyderchat made copies from my set. I believe he still has some for sale. Look for Roll center adjustment. His name is Brad.

Anonymous

Thinking about it, for how thin these spacers are I can't really see the need.

I prefer the a stronger camber setting on the back, plus it's just about at the top end of what Toyota reccommend.

Same with most things it's down to the individual's taste.

Thanks
Rob

Tags: