Which exhaust? TTE or SP?

Started by Leeber, December 10, 2006, 19:31

Leeber

Hi guys,

I'm hoping to replace my SMT soon with a manual one, I was planning to go TTET with the SP downpipe and a few other bits at the same time. I'm not sure which exhaust to go with though, the choice is really between the TTE and SP offerings. Anyone got any opinions? Also, can anyone confirm what the warranty is on the TTE exhaust? 1 year or 3?

Hope you're all well. Lee
I\'m Pink, Therefore I\'m Spam.

Anonymous

Good questions id like to know some of these answers?!

but i dont think anyone on here has got the SP exhaust yet?

markiii

Liz has

and bearing in mind it is designed to give a performance increase and the TTE isn't guess which I'd go for .
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Yet I prefer the sound of the TTE to the SP one, so that'd be my choice. Each to their own, methinks.  s;) ;) s;)

markiii

the TTE with teh TTET? or N/A?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Unless Gazz's has the TTE, then true only N/A (I know the TTET muffles the sound somewhat). I'm just not a fan of the way the SP one sounds with the TTET, but if you want ultimate power then it's no contest really.

I'd prob go H&S over both, mind.

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"Liz has

and bearing in mind it is designed to give a performance increase and the TTE isn't guess which I'd go for .

DOH!

.. i should have noticed that in her sig!

rtbiscuit

H & S is a very viable option, sound and performance gain,

that is n/a, don't know about its aplications on the turbo front
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Anonymous

Go for a Blueflame custom, life time warranty and a sound / tip & performance that is your choice.

Rob

Leeber

hmmmm! I thought the same as you mark until I spoke to Matt @ SP about the downpipe. He estimated that about 12 of the 15 bhp power gain was due to the downpipe, so I guess that the exhaust gives the remaining 3 bhp which doesn't sound terribly different from that of the TTE. They cost about the same as well so I was guessing that the real diffs are in the sound and the warranty.

markiii

H&S reckon you need a different backbox if you have a turbo to an N/A, now whilst teh TTET is designed for a stock backbox you can in theory use any N/A Exhaust it follows that one designed to be teh best with teh turbo is going to be an improvement.

so teh question for SP is, is their backbox optimal for a turbo? or an N/A?

Liz

I think that the SP backbox sounds good with the downpipe..produces a burbling sound when warmed up...sounds meaningful and not boomy at speed.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Gazz

Quote from: "Ekona"Unless Gazz's has the TTE

I do, and  the TTET does muffle the sound a lot making it very understated.
[size=80]Lotus Elise 111R, Larini Sports Exhaust [/size]

Anonymous

There you go then, I thought I'd heard one before! I still prefer yours Gazz over the SP one (sorry Liz!).

Leeber

"produces a burbling sound when warmed up"

More TVR than TTE?
My current car has the TTE, the main thing I don't like about it is how intrusive it gets during long spells on the motorway. I sometimes find the volume/tone embarrasing (a bit boy-racer), Ideally I'd like a system that looks good, gives a decent performance boost and sounds good but subtle.

Anonymous

TTE too boy-racer?!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Never heard anyone moan about that before: If anything, it gets criticised for being a bit too quiet! If you really don't like it, then I'd either go back to stock or get H&S to custom-fab you something really quiet.

rtbiscuit

this is where you have it the wrong way round. boy racers have big exhaust to try and be more sporty.

we have sporty cars and so it is mine to make them noisey. its expected.

in fact i think you ewould be breaking the law if you didn't make your roadster noiser.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Liz

Quote from: "Ekona"There you go then, I thought I'd heard one before! I still prefer yours Gazz over the SP one (sorry Liz!).

No problem, just adds to its stealth mode being a bit quieter  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  , just ask a very surprised looking chav in a 206 this afternoon  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

markiii

I'd tend to agree with Dan,

the TTE is one of teh most civilised exhaust you can buy

Leeber

lol, maybe you're right mate.
Anyone heard Ninjinski's? I believe he has the TTET, SP downpipe and TTE exhaust?
Gazz's sounds a bit more like what I'm looking for but I'm guessing that's without the downpipe.

markiii

also worth bearing in mind that a turbo will muffle any exhaust note

so it may quiten it down just right for you.

Anonymous

go for a TRD one   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Leeber

I think it's quickly becoming apparent that I have no idea what I'm talking about. Perhaps I should just have a listen to SP's car before making my mind up. Cheers for the input though.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

ninjinski

Quote from: "Leeber"lol, maybe you're right mate.
Anyone heard Ninjinski's? I believe he has the TTET, SP downpipe and TTE exhaust?
Gazz's sounds a bit more like what I'm looking for but I'm guessing that's without the downpipe.

I always liked the TTE exhaust, its understated but definately noticable -

However with the TTET fitted it lost any sound it had until I fitted the SP downpipe and now I'm back to nice burble with occasional popping.

I like the TTE exhaust and I agree with Ekona that while the SP exhaust is a fine exhaust its a little too raucus for my tastes.
Sable

PERF: TTE TURBO & exhaust, BC Coilovers Markii inlet TRD brace SP Downpipe Exedy Cerametalic Clutch TRD Short Shifter w brass bushings EBC discs/pads OMP steering wheel, front diffuser
ICE: JVC headunit JBL P652s Alpine SWD1600 & 2000 woofers Kenwood 600W amp
EXTERNAL: Mr T spoiler. black brake calipers Dynamat Toyota dust caps Dev\'s keyhole covers Simon\'s hairpins
INTERNAL: Red leather Carbon sill guards TRD stickers Mongo deflectors Chrome gear & dial surrounds Gregg\'s custom logo plate Taurec gauges

Liz

Quote from: "Leeber""produces a burbling sound when warmed up"

More TVR than TTE?

I wish!!

Tags: