ICE -Speaker sizes

Started by Anonymous, June 6, 2003, 15:14

Anonymous

I am looking at putting some components in the car as the stck speakers are shite.

What size should i be looking for?

Anonymous

PM Buster, he knows everything there is to know about ICE.

--H--

Anonymous

6.5" from memory, but I could be wrong.

Also, you'll need to either i) buy a mounting ring kit, ii) make up some mounting rings from MDF, or (my option) iii) rip the paper cones out of the existing set, hacksaw all the plastic spokes off, and remount the new drivers. It sounds a bit complicated, but is reasonably obvious when you see it.

There's also useful snippets in several articles on SpyderMagazine

markiii

yep 6.5 inch it is.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Smallest size you can fit in without addapiting plates are 6.5" |(well done guys)

But as i done this weekend you can fit 6*9's in teh front door's the pods i made are a bit time consuming but they do fit and WOW   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   they sound amazing!

This  now means that you can by a 3 way compentent set consisting of 8" mis bass and a 5" mid range witha  1" tweeter and witha  bit of jiggery pokery it all can fit and sound sweet   s8) 8) s8)  

i Would recomend if you want to stragth swap the speakers would be the focal polyglass 165a, they sound asume and i had a set very nice!

I have a picture diary of installing speakers in teh 2 but Kris has hosted them for me Kris could you send me the links again please so ic an write the rreport up   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   thanks

Anonymous

Kris has kindly Pm me the my pics hosted on his web space thanxs Kris

and i have wriiten a report on how to install front speaker in the general section
  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: