Soft Top - Ears AGAIN

Started by Anonymous, November 1, 2003, 15:40

Anonymous

Hey guys - i know there have been posts about this b4 BUT i don't know if they were in the same situation.

Basically the car is nearly 5 months old (blimey that went quick) and the ears have always stuck out, anyway i took her down to my local dealer SLM in Bexhill (Mixed Reports but better than Yeomans in Eastbourne) and they moved a few straps and the hood is now easier to put down ie you no longer have to push it and the ears ARE being pulled in more BUT not all the way - do you think the hood has been stretched and i should try for a new one on warranty?

Tem

Quote from: "bigun007"ears ARE being pulled in more BUT not all the way - do you think the hood has been stretched

I don't think it has stretched, but it tends to remember the ears for a while. Just keep teaching them, by pressing them in every time and eventually they will start to there automatically. At least mine did (and IIRC I got that tip from SC, where several ppl had noticed the same).
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Cool - well i always folded them in anywayz but got sick of it eventually

Tem

Quote from: "bigun007"Cool - well i always folded them in anywayz but got sick of it eventually

Used to do that too  s:) :) s:)  It doesn't seem to help before the straps are fixed...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Well hopefully now i have the straps fixed it'll be ok  s:D :D s:D

Knowing my luck i doubt it though   s:? :? s:?

zud

Mine has improved, but still isn't perfect after several months with the straps fitted.  But then the previous owner had gone 16months without straps, so there's probably more memory to unlearn!

Having said that, the passenger side tucks in pretty well, and I'm usually dropping the hood from the driver's side... so not really a problem anyway.  The only problem now is if I drop the hood from the driver's seat.
Blue SMT with leather, A/C and TTE Twin.

Tags: