Pre cats gone

Started by worzy, December 16, 2006, 22:27

worzy

hi my car has gone in to mr t, they called me today pre cat gone now waitin for monday to know the damage.  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

lucky i took extended warranty out so hopefully covered with tht. what sort of things do i need to look for so toyota dont get away with doing minimum work.

the car only done 40,000 miles on 2000 plate so gutted i was thinkin about gettin rid of them as soon as i found out about them. Mr t will put them back in but i wil take them out when i get the car back at least its winter so ready for summer.

thanks ben[/u][/b]

blade900

That is bad luck mate but the warranty should cover it.

Where are you based? I can recommend Silverstone Performance, they did mine for £145 all in   s:D :D s:D
[size=75]MR2 2001 in Rockabilly Black,  Rockabilly Black Leather, Rockabilly Black MR2 Mats, Pre cats gone, Club sticker, Once you\'ve had black there ain\'t no going back![/size]
[size=75]KTM950 Supermoto[/size]

Anonymous

Unlucky, at least you shouldnt have to pay for it.

If you are getting rid of the pre-cats get yourself a Che manifold/header theres a group buy going on now, £135 all in. Theres a fair few of us in on it now too!

evileye_wrx

Or you could put in one of Che's Manifolds. That gets rid of your pre-cats.

Phil

D'oh beat me to it Andy   s:D :D s:D
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Anonymous

Maybe next time phil  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

worzy

thanks guys

well pissed wiv it all, hope it is covered by the warranty! sounding promising!!

i am based in norwich!

keep ya posted.

thanks again
ben

Anonymous

another sad, sad day for the MR2!!

worzy

hi guys what sort of things should i check so i dont get the car back with new pre cats and a damaged engine what should i check for so i can check coz i dont want a damaged engine coz it was going to be used on the track in the new year so i dont want weekend parts going wrong

thanks ben

Anonymous

Depends on the damage, really. Bare minimum is new pre-cat manifold and new main cat, along with any engine work deemed necessary. Some are worse than others, so it really does depend on what needs doing.

worzy

ekona how can i check tht they aint missin nothin out to cut costs coz for a 6 year old car thts done 40 000 miles it shud have loads of life. the only brighter side it might mean the engine mods might go mental if warranty does not cover   s:P :P s:P  

ben

Anonymous

Bar replacing the whole engine, you can't really. You can easily check that new manifold and cat were replaced, but other than that it's just a case of keeping an eye on things (like oil consumption) and seeing how it goes. Make sure you get a detailed breakdown of exactly what work was done when you pick the car up, and that should give you some kind of comeback should anything be wrong.

worzy

ok cool cheers bud i will do  
wil find out tomorrow what the score is

ben

leon_in_uk

i have a CAT if you need it, ta
For sale: 3.5 v6 Nissan murano
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
Porsche Boxster 987, lapis blue, leather heated seats, xenons,, twin pipe...
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport
Silver MR-2, newish engine, clutch new alternator. Gutted Pre Cats..... MODS.....
HKS exhaust. markiii pipe, Anthracite Alloys. Red Calipers with Spyder decals. . Lowered 40mm. 03 vents, chrome jet washers lol... and my helpful Road Angel \":)\"

worzy

thanks leon

the car will be ready by friday needed new pre cats and main cat all under warranty   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  doing to get rid of the pre cats in the new year sounds like i got away with it this time so dont want to be in tht situation again many thanks for all u guys help

ben

Tags: