SP 240

Started by Anonymous, December 17, 2006, 18:28

Anonymous

Quote from: "simonmr2"Yeah good to see you to Phill and you and Alan were really funy taking the p*ss out of the GT2 cars. Hope to have some footage of you making a fool out of them.
Here you go, this is what we were talking about:
 m http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih4n4YiD9AI m   (apparently the black Turbo has nearly 700bhp).  
And my Porsche tribute:  m http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmLQrb0Yd08 m     s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Liz

Great pictures  s:) :) s:)   - were you allowed in for the dyno?
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

I watched the start of it then went back to the Hotel as it was getting quite late on and I was hungry and thirsty. Matt didn't want me to watch it as he wanted me to drive the car then see the dyno graph. There was a couple of other cars there getting dynoed and the owners of them were able to watch.

Phill good vid's loving your work, keep it up.

Liz

Must be me then, I was refused entry to watch my car being dyno'd every time I went up there on Health and Safety grounds, seems it doesn't apply to all.  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   Sorry to divert on this thread - and thanks for clarifying Simon.

roger

Quote from: "Liz"Must be me then, I was refused entry to watch my car being dyno'd every time I went up there on Health and Safety grounds, seems it doesn't apply to all.  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   Sorry to divert on this thread - and thanks for clarifying Simon.

MRC guy wanted me out when they were just "mechanicing".
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Liz

So Bossman - have you got your car back yet - did I miss your review - if so can you point me in the right direction of it?

Anonymous

i can do a post of the SP car if you like   s:D :D s:D  its quick   s:) :) s:)  

dont ask me about mine!!

i will write a proper review though one day!

northernalex

I kinda find it strange that they would only let you see the dyno AFTER driving the car.. Probably innocent but sounds dodgy to me.
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Anonymous

The theory of it is that they want it to be a big surprise what it ends up at and looking back they are right. The only problem with having more power is that you want more,

Liz

Quote from: "bossman23780"i can do a post of the SP car if you like   s:D :D s:D  its quick   s:) :) s:)  

dont ask me about mine!!

I was asking - has your SP240 been completed yet is what I wondered.

northernalex

Quote from: "simonmr2"The theory of it is that they want it to be a big surprise what it ends up at and looking back they are right. The only problem with having more power is that you want more,

Definatly.. i'll bet it never ends?  s:) :) s:)
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Anonymous

Quote from: "Liz"
Quote from: "bossman23780"i can do a post of the SP car if you like   s:D :D s:D  its quick   s:) :) s:)  

dont ask me about mine!!

I was asking - has your SP240 been completed yet is what I wondered.

NO

Liz

Thank you for the straight answer.

Anonymous

Quote from: "simonmr2"I have had a chance to upload some of the pic's from the Stage II install last week.

Before picture taken at 7.30 after a long drive.

The work in progress for SP. Working on the Lotus supercharger.

The exhaust and decat pipe are on.

The old clutch has still a bit of life but it was changed for a exedy clutch. Which is harsh but I am getting used to it now.The clutch was sliping in 3rd and 4th so it had to go.

Oh it's red and clean. Bling.

It's on the dyno at WRC and the guys are doing the tune. I had never saw this being done and it was amazing but very loud and cold. The 2 guys from weltmeister that did the dyno really know there stuff.

The TTET power came out at 178bhp and 220lbf torque. Torque figure is wrong and I was told why but I really didn't understand it. But the bhp was about what I was expecting. Stage II came out at 237 bhp and 242 lbf of tourque.

The car is finished for now. I really do love the SP wheels and they really do help with the traction as well as the looks.

so Simon?! how is the 2 running now, are you enjoying the 240 and had any issues/problems

Anonymous

Yeah it is still awesome there is so much power. As its now starting to dry up I have been able to push it a bit more and I know that there is even more left that I havent even got to yet. I have a trackday on Sunday and I think that it will be really interesting to see how it compares to the lotus guys that are going. My boss drives a cayman s and he near pooed his pants when he drove it. Just waiting on my FSB from SP should be here tomorrow and that will stiffen the front up.

No major problems had a bolt I needed to fix and the CEL which Matt is sorting out ATM so its basically nothing. I am really happy because I do look after the car but it does get a bit of abuse on a daily basis, that is what it's there for.

Bossman what's happening with yours ATM ?

Anonymous

well my car has had some other issues to deal with but should be ready at the end of the week! he says   s:? :? s:?   all the 240 bits are on just needs mapping!
but for the last few weeks ive been driving SP's 240 and just wondered what youre impressions were, so far i like   s:D :D s:D  

what clutch are you running, cus the SP one is so heavy, im running the TRD mine and its fantastic, but this takes some getting use to! makes me think what clutch to upgrade to   s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

I have the exedy cerametalic clutch which at first was a bit brutal but after a couple of thousand miles it has started to become more user friendly and I love it now. The thing about the sp240 is after a year of TTET driving it is really hard to change the way you drive I never took the TTET over 5K revs but now it's so much fun up there. What are your thoughts ?

Anonymous

Quote from: "simonmr2"I have the exedy cerametalic clutch which at first was a bit brutal but after a couple of thousand miles it has started to become more user friendly and I love it now. The thing about the sp240 is after a year of TTET driving it is really hard to change the way you drive I never took the TTET over 5K revs but now it's so much fun up there. What are your thoughts ?

I think its a really good upgrade, not quite sure if its worth 2K, but i would definitly say anyone with the TTET it is a must!   s8) 8) s8)  
got to say welldone to Matt and Chris and anyone else involved for making this setup feel just like the TTET, even tho you get the extra power it still feels so smooth and ive got to say it doesnt effect the mpg as much as would have thought aswell, dont know if you have noticed that Simon!

carnt say its changed my style! i always took the revs to the limit anyways  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

I get about 240 ish to the tank now and that is mostly short trips down about 20/25 miles a tank which I can live with. One of the best things is the sound, it now sounds like it goes but I have lost my stelth mode which I had don't know how many boxters I smoked with the TTET.  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Quote from: "simonmr2"I get about 240 ish to the tank now and that is mostly short trips down about 20/25 miles a tank which I can live with. One of the best things is the sound, it now sounds like it goes but I have lost my stelth mode which I had don't know how many boxters I smoked with the TTET.  s:D :D s:D

BOXTERS!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

forget them! i take on the scoobys  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Anonymous

Just a update on the SP240. After a couple of months now I have had the chance to reflect on how good it really is. I did a trackday on Sunday and it was totally awesome. On arrival I was checking out what other cars there were and I was really worried when I saw 3 elises and 4 exige's 1 was a supercharged. I know it's not a race but I wanted to show what it could really do. As it turned out the only car that was able to over take my was the exige s but I knew that would be the case.

The phat tyres really gave me loads mor traction on the snowy track and the new brakeline's with the RBF 600 really surprised me how late I could leave the braking. I had loads of people looking at the car as they were shocked how a MR2 was able to overtake them. The best one was drag racing a M3 down the back straight and then outbraking him into the hairpin priceless.

The was the car pulls in all gears really lends it to the track and I cant fault it one bit. I used Millers CVL for the first time and thought it was verry good but would only use it for trackdays as it's quite pricy.

A couple of pics from the day

Anonymous

So picked up my 2 today from SP and i like   s:) :) s:)  , its producing 225.9 BHP and 225 ft/lbs of torque, dont worry people (Liz   s:) :) s:)  ), theres a reason why, because im running the PPE High Flow Cat, oh and i now have the SP exhaust!

Well after driving mine for the first time and comparing it to SP's car that i have been driving daily for the past number of weeks, i definitly know my handles much better in the corners, im running the Sportivo stuts and thats the only difference that i can think of for me having an edge over the SP car.
Straight line speed, well the SP car still has the edge and with the fatter tyres and bigger wheels that SP have, the car does feel more planted but strangely not in the corners (oh and i didnt hold back in the SP car   s:wink: :wink: s:wink: ).
WOW, now not too sure what make SP's clutch is but i do know its a heavy duty one and it is HEAVY! i got in mine today and it was like butter, my first thoughts were, ITS BROKEN!
Quite pleased with the noise the car is producing, with the downpipe on SP, i thought it was a tad too aggresive for me whereas mine is suttle but it still has to go through the breaking in period!

Overall, im delighted with the car, so far that is   s:) :) s:)  going to give a few runs tommorrow   s:P :P s:P

rtbiscuit

thats really good to hear mate, can't wait for you to take me out for a spin!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

philster_d

225 so what is the gain over a normal tte ? about 40 or 50?

Anonymous

Quote from: "philster_d"225 so what is the gain over a normal tte ? about 40 or 50?

IIRC most TTET came out about 185-190, so 40-45 increase.

Tags: