Clean your blocked drains!!!

Started by rob_g_clarkson, December 18, 2006, 10:37

Liz

Didn't Tem say about cutting a V shape in the bottom of the flap to stop it sticking up again?
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Tem

Quote from: "Liz"Didn't Tem say about cutting a V shape in the bottom of the flap to stop it sticking up again?

Can't take credit for that, it was someone else.  s8) 8) s8)  

I didn't wanna risk the electronics I have in the bins, so I wanted to get rid of the issue for good. 4th summer without any signs of water in the car, before that it was a yearly issue...probably cause I park under a tree.

Here's my solution:
 m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17630 m
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

evileye_wrx

Well I used the Electric flex method. Forced it down from above until I could hear it was through into the vent space. I rigged up a funnel/ pipe combination to direct the water and used water, poking, water, further poking for a while until it appeared to be running thru and not backing up. I did the same on the passenger side altho there was no sign at all of anything blocking it. Strangely when I took the bin out to mop up any left over water I found it was completely bone dry. The only water inside the car had been pools in the two lowest parts of the plastic bin, very odd.

Still it has pissed down severely today so I shall see what the bin looks like now.

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

mr2jw

seasonal bump!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
black 2000 roadster | devs keyhole covers | devs tbl visor | pre-cats removed | crystal side repeaters with chrome surrounds | lt short antenna | jdm front badge | jdm wheel centres | mr2roc sticker |
and lots more to do!

Anonymous

Hi John, and welcome to the site!
I think your research refers to piped drainage in houses. There arent really any comparisons with the cars drainage system, other than that air circulation promotes drying out of the system, a good thing for preventing fungal growth.
The UK weather tends to give the system a good flush out an an irregular basis, so as long as the drains are cleaned out occasionally, no problems should occur.

loadswine

He was a spammer D1ck and has been banned now.  s:) :) s:)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

uktotty

LOL @ D1ck

nathanMR2

Bless   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

Anonymous

s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  Only trying to help! I dont know much, but I know about drains!

Tags: