TTE Springs Fitting

Started by Anonymous, November 3, 2003, 16:35

Anonymous

Hi all,

I've decided I'm going to get the TTE Springs fitted to my 2. Has anyone in the South Manchester area had this done? Which dealer did you use?

I've used both RRG Altringham and Culvers Stockport for servicing. I found RRG much nicer to deal with but Culvers seem to do a better job. Any dealers nearby that are both?

If possible I'd rather use a dealer that someone has already had fit the springs.

I seem to remember while I was lurking around that someone had posted before and after piccys of the TTE springs. I did a search but couldn't find the thread. Anyone got a link?

Thanks,
Paul.

Anonymous

Liz has before and after pics, but i can never remember her web site address!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Im sure there is a link on here somewhere for it (or it could have been on the old forum). Anyhow, send her a PM and im sure she will send you the link.

Kris

markiii

How mechanical are you?

main dealer labour is criminal for how easy the job is.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

If you consider fitting yourself try this link and click onto Kabinski's link

m http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=6961 m

Anonymous

I had some TTE springs fitted at RRG toyota - the one at the end of the M602.  They did a good job, got a courtesy Yaris - which was nice!
Price was £270 if i remember correctly

Jon

Liz

Dug them out..before and after pictures, and the car sits lower now than it did in these pictures..HTH  Click on the pictures to make them bigger.

m http://groups.msn.com/LizMyers/loweringsprings.msnw m
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Thanks for the info and the pictures. Although I really like the look of the 2, I've always thought it sat too high. It seems to look 'right' on the lower springs. EVO seem to really like their MR2 on the lower springs.

I'm afraid I'm not really into working on my cars. I've changed the oil/filter on my old Rover 400 but I wouldn't be happy taking my MR2 apart.

I've given RRG a call and I'm gonna pop in to order the springs this week.

Jon, do you know whether RRG re-checked the geometry after they'd changed the springs?

Thanks again,
Paul.

Anonymous

yep, they did a full geometry check - think i even got a printout with the various settings on...
best of luck!
Jon

Comer

Get a quote from Mr T about the cost of supplying and fitting the springs and then ask if they have included the alignment check.  You'll probably find that it's not included and will be an extra £70 - £90.

There are many independent garages who have similar equipment to do an alignment at a lower cost, so get the springs done at Toyota and the alignment elsewhere.
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

dancarbon

I've just a quote of £112 from a Toyota dealer to do the tracking and wheel alignment!!

But I think I'll go to my local tyre dealer and get it done for £23 instead.
2001 Black Manual Soft-top

Anonymous

Quote from: "dancarbon"I've just a quote of £112 from a Toyota dealer to do the tracking and wheel alignment!!

But I think I'll go to my local tyre dealer and get it done for £23 instead.

Tracking (correctly called "toe adjust") is only part of a full 4-wheel alignment; you also need to have camber, castor and a whole bunch of other things checked. £23 is WAY too cheap for a 4-wheel alignment; it should take an hour or more, so plan to pay accordingly...

Anonymous

Check out http://www.mr2roc.org/viewtopic.php?t=950&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 for some pics of a 4 wheel alignment print out and costs.

dancarbon

Quote from: "pmdye"Tracking (correctly called "toe adjust") is only part of a full 4-wheel alignment; you also need to have camber, castor and a whole bunch of other things checked. £23 is WAY too cheap for a 4-wheel alignment; it should take an hour or more, so plan to pay accordingly...

I did ask for tracking and full wheel adjustment but I did expect something around £70 touch. Will have a good chat with them at the weekend before anything gets done.
2001 Black Manual Soft-top

Tags: