Started by northernalex, January 7, 2007, 17:07

kanujunkie

GPS, providing you have some software to do it
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "spit"Maybe we should arrange a get-together with Firepower Phil - he has a very sexy accelerometer gizmo that can do 0-60. You can also set it for for 50-70 and others etc etc.

Can't remember what the kit is though  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Defo!!

whats firepower think?!

Anonymous

Quote from: "kanujunkie"GPS, providing you have some software to do it

so that sound exspensive?!

muffdan

Quote from: "spit"Maybe we should arrange a get-together with Firepower Phil - he has a very sexy accelerometer gizmo that can do 0-60. You can also set it for for 50-70 and others etc etc.

Sounds like a great idea, anyone fancy running with this?!

It would be good to link 0-60 times with dyno plots and mod lists etc. Obviously there is the question of different drivers abilities, tyres etc but I think the data would be interesting and useful
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

northernalex

i am searching on the web and not comming up with much regarding gps 0-60 measuring thingies ..
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Anonymous

thingies? is that a technical term?   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

northernalex

no.. but whadmacallits are  s:) :) s:)
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

northernalex

we could chip in and get this?  s:) :) s:)

m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bosch-Rolling-Roa ... dZViewItem m

s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
evileye_xc said:

muffdan

all sat nav devices have it, tomtoms, road angels etc. The speed refresh rates on these will vary though.

I have a bluetooth GPS reciever for my phone, and run TomTom Navigator 6 on it.

A bluetooth GPS reciever is about £25 these days I think.

There's probably software for windows mobile or symbian that will do 0-60 times too. (:Me goes and investigates)
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Anonymous

who's house we keeping it at then?!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

kanujunkie

only real way to get higher refresh rates is to buy aeronautical gps or go and raid your local MOD base
[size=100]Stu[/size]

northernalex

tom tom etc does 0-60 times?
evileye_xc said:

kanujunkie

no
[size=100]Stu[/size]

northernalex

didnt think so
evileye_xc said:

Anonymous

Quote from: "kanujunkie"only real way to get higher refresh rates is to buy aeronautical gps or go and raid your local MOD base

well my car is stealth black!

i should think it would be easy to sneak in and get away with turbo power!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

spit

Here's a high-end all-in kit. £250 + VAT

Wonder if you can get software for Windows Pocket PC to go with a satnav GPS receiver? If anyone finds something, let me know  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

northernalex

yeah ste i found that.. (ouchy price)

mrdyno in the states is 130 dollars but its an accelatometer so if you move up or down a hill it doesnt read that correctly.
evileye_xc said:

kanujunkie

i never finished trying this out

m http://www.trackthisout.com/ m
[size=100]Stu[/size]

northernalex

this is about a hundred quid  m http://www.gtechpro.com/ m  and can do shift lights directly from the cig lighter.. somehow
evileye_xc said:

muffdan

hm, can't find any software. As I'm a programmer in my day job I think I'll just write a crude little program to do it myself. At least I'll know it's as accurate as possible  s:) :) s:)

Will be willing to share it with anyone else interested.
Jason

muffdan

Quote from: "northernalex"tom tom etc does 0-60 times?

it doesn't but it prints you present speed, so think of it as a more accurate speedo. The downside is that it shows your average speed over a segment of time, and the speed displayed doesn't update every frame (it would be more unfriendly if it did).

I will write some software for use on Windows Mobile devices, I'll only spend a day on it so it won't be mind blowing, but it will do the job.
Jason

northernalex

dan.. that sounds cool mate! what a star  s:) :) s:)   ( just need a windows mobile device now)..
evileye_xc said:

kanujunkie

Quote from: "muffdan"hm, can't find any software. As I'm a programmer in my day job I think I'll just write a crude little program to do it myself. At least I'll know it's as accurate as possible  s:) :) s:)

Will be willing to share it with anyone else interested.

will it work on PPC?, if so then yes please  s:D :D s:D
[size=100]Stu[/size]

spit

Sounds good.

I found this - just a basic speedo I think .... but its free, works on PPC / Windows Mobile and may give you some pointers?
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

muffdan

yep, any device that can run pocket pc software. I have an O2 XDA IIs as my mobile phone, it will also run on the newer O2 XDAs or Orange Smart Phones. I think TMobile have a suite of handsets that run Windows Mobile now too. Of course there's the whole PDA market too, iPaqs etc are all compatible.

I will create a new topic once it's done. Might get around to it this week or maybe next weekend. I feel quite motivated at the moment but may feel differently in the morning. I have a long list of these little side project apps I want to write but can never be that bothered to!
Jason

Tags: