tte turbo boost

Started by firepower, January 8, 2007, 22:44

Anonymous

Quote from: "Leeber"The standard duct is what should be fitted from a warranty point of view anyway.

I think thats the point on this one really, if you go for the TTE kit its probably for the warranty (cant see why else you would?) so you really need to be stock other than the parts the kit changes I would have thought?

just my opinion  s:) :) s:)

ps  i'll sort he pics for you later today Liz   s;) ;) s;)

Anonymous

Quote from: "Leeber"as TRD are not TTE (I'm not really sure what the relationship there is) it's use could still raise warranty issues.

from what i understand these two companies do recognise each other as part of toyota group and i belive relations are getting better between them, so you would have thought that there shouldnt be any issues of warrenty, but i have no doubt that TTE would still say with the turbo kit been designed without that in mind there would be warrenty issuse

but its like with SP's exhaust system, i belive the only reason you can get away with this is because firstly TTE did devlop the turbo with a downpipe in mind at sme stage of the devlopment process and i looked under my contract with TTE for the turbo kit at it states clearly that the system will work with any perfmance exhaust

Anonymous

Quote from: "bossman23780"TTE did devlop the turbo with a downpipe in mind at sme stage of the devlopment process

Really? Where does it say that?

Liz

Quote from: "bossman23780"[.....under my contract with TTE for the turbo kit at it states clearly that the system will work with any perfmance exhaust

Contract?
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Liz"
Quote from: "bossman23780"[.....under my contract with TTE for the turbo kit at it states clearly that the system will work with any perfmance exhaust

Contract?

yeah half is in german and the other half is in english, did you not get this?! it has the TUV stamp on it

Liz

Quote from: "bossman23780"
Quote from: "Liz"

Contract?

yeah half is in german and the other half is in english, did you not get this?! it has the TUV stamp on it

I think my - Contract? - post answers that!

Anonymous

Why would you have a 'contract' from TTE anyway? It's SP who you entered into a contract with, not TTE.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ekona"Why would you have a 'contract' from TTE anyway? It's SP who you entered into a contract with, not TTE.

no!!  s:? :? s:?  

remember, i got mine done in germany, before SP got theres done

Anonymous

Ah yeah, forgot 'bout that.  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

That would explain why you have a contract and Liz doesn't. The Germans need TUV approval certificates to be legally able to have the TTET, hence the certificate/contract.

Liz

Thanks for explaining that!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ekona"
Quote from: "bossman23780"TTE did devlop the turbo with a downpipe in mind at sme stage of the devlopment process

Really? Where does it say that?

knew i had read this somewhere! and its on this forum!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

go on to the articlre page Essen motorshow report 2003

then MR2-ROC meets TTE  http://www.mr2roc.org/subdreamer/index.phb?categoryid=9&p2_articleid=38"

it mentions a decat pipe there and also mentions the duct that has caused a debate it looks like they changed the pipe originally aswell!

Liz

Hmm, indeed - from the article..

"On the inlet side, the first item replaced is the pipe that goes between the airbox and the wheel arch tube. Rather than the very small plastic tube that is normally there a full size flex connects the two. All that Gerald could say was that the original could be there for sound and possibly low-end torque, though there was no discernable difference with the much larger pipe in place. With the turbo in place however, replacing the original pipe with the much larger one was essential."[/color]

Be interesting to talk to Gerald again to ask about this in particular - they developed it and made the about comment and then didn't include it in the kit?

Anonymous

interesting read isnt it!

but if you read the article they were going to make two versions but obviously this was on the version that never made it?!

wonder what SP make of this article, i wonder if they knew of the two versions

Anonymous

*EDIT Liz beat me to it, but I'll leave my comment here

There you have it, folks. Okay, so it was a development kit, but they insisted at that stage that you need a Markiii pipe or similar for the turbo. I'm guessing that the design of the kit didn't change that much that suddenly a larger diameter pipe made the kit run dangerously lean, considering they were also considering making a higher-power version of the kit.

Liz

Been a long time since I read it, thanks for reminding us of it...interesting about the oil as well...but thats another discussion for another thread!

Anonymous

Quote from: "bossman23780"interesting read isnt it!

but if you read the article they were going to make two versions but obviously this was on the version that never made it?!

That was the low power version of the kit i.e. the one you have!

Anonymous

makes me laugh   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

weve had such a big disscusion on it! and it was on here all that time anyways   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

makes you think though what else they tried that never got mentioned?!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ekona"That was the low power version of the kit i.e. the one you have!

now ive definitly got to get a custom setup done on this, make it what it couldve been or what it should be!!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

heathstimpson

Quote from: "bossman23780"makes me laugh   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

weve had such a big disscusion on it! and it was on here all that time anyways   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

makes you think though what else they tried that never got mentioned?!
We must all have bad memories  s:? :? s:?  As you say all this constructive discussion and TTE had posted info previously on it  s:? :? s:?  That obviously now proves that changing that 'bit of plastic' does more good than harm. Is someone going to contact them about why this was not included in the final kit  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

markiii

nah I new it was there all along, teh reason I didn't mention it was because I wasn't trying to prove a point one way or teh other, just elicit the reasoning behind Matts comments.

As for why t never made teh final version of teh kit, we still don't know I suspect it was uneccessary at 7psi of boost. i.e teh stock tube can flow enough air, or it was a noise issue as alluded to be Gerald.

One other point, the downpipe refered to is in the kit already, it just links the Precat back to teh main cat, teh TTE was never designed to run without a main cat as it would fail TUV approval.

and yes SP are aware of the contents of teh article because Matt and I discussed it at length when we first met up.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Leeber

Quote from: "Liz"Ouch!  s:? :? s:?    Its just that Matt said to me that if I would of had both my ducts that they would of run a comparison dyno out of interest to SP.

I believe that the before and after dynos should be done as a matter of course anyway to ensure in the first place the engine is ok to take the turbo and afterwards to ensure that all is running ok..

Sorry Liz, I didn't mean to sound so abrupt.   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   I grovel humbly before you   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:   I was called in from standby as I posted, hence the lack of a reply/post edit until now.

That article does make interesting reading though, I've just bought 8 litres of Mobil 0w40 from Costco.   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:     s:? :? s:?  
There's also a nice little snippet in there about the clutch. My 2000 mile clutch has started slipping, even when I gun it in 6th (could that explain the dyno reading?) and it seems to be getting worse by the day.
I\'m Pink, Therefore I\'m Spam.

Liz

They would of been able to tell on the dyno if it was slipping, they did on my Porker even though it felt alright to me, my dyno did reflect that though, but not with a dip - the power curve was nice and smooth.

aaronjb

Quote from: "Liz"They would of been able to tell on the dyno if it was slipping, they did on my Porker even though it felt alright to me, my dyno did reflect that though, but not with a dip - the power curve was nice and smooth.

You should see a steeper curve on a graph with a slipping clutch - the slipping clutch effectively becomes a torque magnifier.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"One other point, the downpipe refered to is in the kit already, it just links the Precat back to the main cat, the TTE was never designed to run without a main cat as it would fail TUV approval.

so i wonder how they got that extra power then, because they mention 200?!

Anonymous

If you're referring to the TTE kit in the Essen report, they were planning on releasing a more aggressive map to boost power.

Tags: