tte turbo boost

Started by firepower, January 8, 2007, 22:44

markiii

there were 2 maps 180 and 200

only the 180 was sanctioned for release
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

now i understand!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

if only they could have sanctioned the 200 then with extra bits added like a down pipe it could have be pushing even higher! shame!

markiii

200 would have been pretty close to teh limits of teh injectors so add all teh exhaust and induction mods on and you'd have been in teh same place SP were with teh 240

i.e needing bigger injectors and teh ability to remap it to cope
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

i suppose, but if you'd ignore the induction side and just changed the exhaust an DP then i think i would have been happy with that, and i dont think it would have need a remap?

firepower

just fitted a boost gauge and been for a blast , when the car was dynoed at hyper sports i was told the car was running low boost 0.3 bar i think they said.

my boost gauge is hitting 0.6/0.7 bar when i floor it and the only thing i have changed is the standard exhaust for the sp dp and back box could this have made the difference or is my gauge faulty  s:?: :?: s:?:
01 tte turbo, sp exhaust and down pipe, tte springs 190hp more power soon ? 205lb/ft
1/4 mile 14.6 s @ 90 .55 mph  ( at drag strip )

loadswine

Some gauges might be out a bit, but 100% difference to the dyno reading? I'd be very surprised unless the gauge came from Disneyland!
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Anonymous

Possible kink in the boost gauge line? Or was the gauge not reading right on the dyno at HS?

spit

I'd heard there was a figure of 5psi linked to your kit, but didn't realise that came from HS. They tapped into your boost line when we weren't looking?  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Could you possibly get a higher boost peak if you gun it on the roads in a lower gear? Just guessing mate. Know nowt 'bout turbos & dynos  s:? :? s:?
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

Possibly, I know my old car used to peak at just over 10psi in 1st gear at the redline, and then hold 9.5-9.7psi during regular use, but then that was with the Profec acting as a boost controller: I don't know about regular wastegate pressures.

aaronjb

If you don't have adequate boost control then you should see the highest pressures in the higher gears - when the load on the engine is highest.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"As for why t never made the final version of the kit, we still don't know I suspect it was uneccessary at 7psi of boost. i.e the stock tube can flow enough air

In that case the bigger pipe will do nothing at all for any NA car then as air flow is already sufficient, likewise with an apexi or the likes? (plus of course an open filter loses the CAI effect of the closed oem system

Quote from: "markiii"or it was a noise issue as alluded to be Gerald.

my mate who worked at toyota told me this when I bought my first roadster, he said the restriction was there to change the noise due to restrictions in some countries apparently.

muffdan

my car has no pipe   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Seems to go ok but I should imagine I'm sucking in some seriously hot air though.
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Anonymous

Quote from: "muffdan"my car has no pipe   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Seems to go ok but I should imagine I'm sucking in some seriously hot air though.

I'll give you the standard pipe free of charge if you want it, all you have to pay is postage  s;) ;) s;)

muffdan

thanks Richie, although after following this thread I think I might go for one of Markii's pipes! Seems the turbo will benefit from it.
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Anonymous

When you go SP Stage II the air box goes in the bin to be replaced by a induction kit so there is no where to put the Mark iii pipe.

muffdan

excellent.

This confirms my belief that the missing pipe is infact a sign that my car wants the SP240 package.

I'll just have to tell my wife that it's not good for my engine to be driving around with a missing pipe, and that I need to the SP240 to fix as soon as possible.   s:D :D s:D
Jason

Anonymous

Quote from: "Silverstone Performance".....The max permissible boost pressure is 9.72psi - which I don't think we've seen exceeded ?

You have now.....

By my calculations that's 10.15 psi I'm running!

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Matt"
Quote from: "Silverstone Performance".....The max permissible boost pressure is 9.72psi - which I don't think we've seen exceeded ?

You have now.....

By my calculations that's 10.15 psi I'm running!

thats reading 0.71 which would make it 10.44PSI  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

SimonC_Here

Google makes 71kPa = 10.30psi (10.2976794)  s;) ;) s;)

s:D :D s:D

Simon

kanujunkie

that'll be based on 0.7 then Simon  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

SimonC_Here

70kPa = 10.1526416PSI

Gotta Love Google conversions!

Simon

Anonymous

Quote from: "kanujunkie".....thats reading 0.71 which would make it 10.44PSI  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   Even worse!

Car's running like a dream though.... I'll mention it next time I'm up at SP.

Liz

Careful its not running lean - mine was when it was boosting like that!  Glad to see you finally got that boost gauge plumbed in though!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Liz".....Glad to see you finally got that boost gauge plumbed in though!

Yeah, sat under the bed collecting dust for 10 months!

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Liz"Careful its not running lean - mine was when it was boosting like that!  Glad to see you finally got that boost gauge plumbed in though!

should be fine Liz, TTE is MAP based mapping
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Tags: