tte turbo boost

Started by firepower, January 8, 2007, 22:44

firepower

when will your car be ready and will matt do a dyno run and boost check after the turbo is fitted  s:?: :?: s:?:
01 tte turbo, sp exhaust and down pipe, tte springs 190hp more power soon ? 205lb/ft
1/4 mile 14.6 s @ 90 .55 mph  ( at drag strip )

Anonymous

Matt must be busy getting all the bits together for my Stage II next week.  s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D

loadswine

Lee , you must be so looking forward to getting your 2 back with all the punch that it will have now. Enjoy it on the way home! Try and keep it in one piece though, I'd like to see it at some point.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

firepower

Quote from: "Ekona"The worst it'll do is nothing, and the best it'll do is give you a touch more power. So much like an N/A, then.  s;) ;) s;)

*EDIT* And that post makes me sound like SteveJ. I'm not doing very well at not coming across as an arse tonight, am I?  s:( :( s:(

steve never comes across as an arse so you have come across as an arse again  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
01 tte turbo, sp exhaust and down pipe, tte springs 190hp more power soon ? 205lb/ft

Leeber

I'm hoping to pick it up tomorrow a'noon. The plan is to do a post install dyno as well, should be interesting.

Nige, I am mate, I can't wait.     s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
I\'m Pink, Therefore I\'m Spam.

Gazz

I've got the Markiii fitted on mine, if I remember correctly there did seem to be a small gain in power but to be honest I'd have to put the original one back on to do a proper comparison as I'd only just had it turbo'd when I fitted it.
[size=80]Lotus Elise 111R, Larini Sports Exhaust [/size]

firepower

it took a bit longer to fit my turbo i was hoping to pick up at noon the next day as well but it was early evening before it was finished , maybe sp have got quicker now but you should like the power when it is done  s:D :D s:D   hopefully sp will do a boost check to ensure the car is running the correct boost

Anonymous

Quote from: "firepower"steve never comes across as an arse

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

*spits out drink*

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

*lewls heartily for hours*

firepower

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Liz

For those interested - here is my boost plot...

As you can see - it peaks at about 9.7 which is within the tolerances of the turbo apparently, however, it was not turned back up by Matt from where Engine Advantages turned it down.
I saw on the screen myself at EA that it was at 10PSI which would of been out of the range as per these figures below

Below is a list of the PSI tolerances for the turbo...

Not the 205 I was hoping for, but there you go, its an engine with 70K on it.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

so is that the torque figure?   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Liz

No, as I said its the boost plot -  PSI on the top of the right hand side of the graph..which people were interested in seeing - torque is on this one....

Anonymous

so are you finally happy that every thing is back to normal now?!

and is you bhp a bit low cus i thought SP acheived higher than that and thats with th stock TTET only producing a figure in the 170's?

Liz

Quote from: "bossman23780"so are you finally happy that every thing is back to normal now?!

and is you bhp a bit low cus i thought SP acheived higher than that and thats with th stock TTET only producing a figure in the 170's?

Normal, hmmm, still not sure about that  s:? :? s:?  , the reason for the lower than anticipated figure, as I said above, is possibly due to the higher mileage of the engine,  it is only 6.3 BHP off of 200 after all. Different day with different temperature and atmospherics who knows it could pull that.

Anonymous

Their car produced 197.3 HP with the decat/exhaust on it. I would say that the power is about right now you just need to enjoy it.

Liz

Quote from: "simonmr2"Their car produced 197.3 HP with the decat/exhaust on it. I would say that the power is about right now you just need to enjoy it.

Was it nearly the same figure?  I will have to have a search back and see if I can find their dyno for when it had the same configuration as mine.

Edit - have found it - mine looks like it puts out a little more torque, and that is what is important!

Liz

Well where are you Leeber - still hooning around?  We are all eager for the newest recruit to the TTET club and your dyno!

Leeber

Hello, sorry, had to start work at 6am today, now in bed for the same tomorrow. Just a quick update for now, will post more tomorrow.

The car's back. My first impression is that it's not bad. I'm only kidding, it's great! The post install dyno showed 193.6 HP, I'm sure that'll increase as the engine loosens up a little. The torque is phenomenal, power drops off quite markedly above about 5700 rpm though. The main thing is that all the grunt is in the range where I normally drive the car anyway.

Only problem is that the car threw a CEL on the way to work this morning. Anyone near me with an OBD reader?

Liz

I am in Essex as you can see and I have a code reader, don't suppose you are up near Stansted soon?  Post your dyno when you can - be interesting to see the torque curve compared to mine.  Interesting though that your engine has 1700 miles and mine has 70,000 and that the power is almost identical!

kanujunkie

I'm in Redhill, Nr J9 M25
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

spit

Many congrats Lee - this must feel so different to your old stock SMT  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Enjoy matey - hope the CEL is just a blip.

Out of interest, did SP confirm the boost level for you?
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Leeber

Right then, this is both the before and after plots on the one graph, they didn't confirm the boost level for me but it's running fine (Except for the CEL). The before was done with the TRD panel filter and markiii inlet fitted, the after was without. Interestingly, the numbers are almost identical to yours Liz. I'll have to come to a dyno day in six months time to see how it develops. Obviously I'm hoping to get a little more power as the engine loosen's up. Matt did say that their car had done about 15k when it was dyno'd.

The blue lines are the bhp and torque after install, the red lines are the figures before.

At the moment the car is wearing the third O2 sensor from SP's car, mine didn't want to play when they were trying to remove it from the old exhaust so Matt had to order a new one. Sadly Mr T couldn't deliver it in time so Matt's had to send it on to me. I'm hoping that the CEL may be something to do with this.

Liz

Out of interest was the above plot with the Markiii pipe on or off and did they do a dyno between the pair of them?

I take it that the 3rd line down is the boost plot and the bottom one Lambda - or is it the other way around?  Shame there is no scale to read off by, was you told what the boost is at?

Leeber

I was editing the last post when you asked Liz, have another look now. All should become clear.   s:) :) s:)

Liz

Oh yes - very clear now - thanks for that! Thought it was weird without other scales  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Tags: