40k service - What's involved????

Started by Anonymous, January 11, 2007, 12:10

Anonymous

Just booked my 2 in for it's 40k service next Monday and have been quoted 290 quid by Tollhouse in Crawley.    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

I intend to get this figure as low as possible as I'm about to sell so intend to buy as many parts / fluids etc as possible for this one and hand them in on the day as I'm not paying stealer prices.

Could anyone tell me the following:

How many litres of oil I need / recommended viscosity?
How much coolant?

I'll also buy:

An oil filter for a 2
Air filter for a 2

But what other consumables do they use on a 40k service?

Spark plugs etc???

Any advice greatly appreciated.

SimonC_Here

davidhowson

You can always ask the dealer for a breakdown of what they are charging you for.
If your car is 6 years old but done only 40k miles, what have you booked in for, because there is a difference between a year 6 service and a 40k mile service. A year 6 service has quite a lot more such as coolant change, brake fluid change, air filter and spark plugs (if I remember, but the service book should tell you). The owners manual should tell you the oil grade to use and how much to buy.

Ask for a quote from your dealer, is my advice.

Anonymous

When I had my 4yr/40 000 service done last month was told that there is a basic service then additional items that were not included like gearbox oil. Sounded like a swiz  to me, but was getting 50% paid for by the sales department as good will gesture!

I got this from another member, shows what gets done.

Two's Company

I recently paid £194 for a 40k service.  I managed to get this down from £255 which is what most dealers were quoting.

This didn't include a coolant change or brake fluid change.

If your coolant is pink then apparently it is super long life and lasts 10 years.

Book time 2 hours 18 minutes so it depends what their labour rate is.  £70 an hour up here.   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

kanujunkie

£180 recently for me on a 60k service
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

northernalex

Quote from: "Malky007"When I had my 4yr/40 000 service done last month was told that there is a basic service then additional items that were not included like gearbox oil. Sounded like a swiz  to me, but was getting 50% paid for by the sales department as good will gesture!

I got this from another member, shows what gets done.

this is the scan i sent malky, the rest of the details which were on a seperate invoice are as follows

Item price in pounds.

oil filter 7
Gaskt, drain plug 0.78
screenwash 0.89
bulk oil 500ml 8 x 2.99 (so it looks like they changed the oil)
brake fluid 5.25
f/inj. cleaner 8.90
spark plug 4 x 3.18

Overall 192.07 including labour etc (which is the majority at £104.00)

Loads of stuff was checked too including gearbox oil etc... as per the 20k service sheet which above
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Anonymous

IIRC recommended oil viscosity is 5w-30 but anything near that should be fine.
I use 5w-40.
about 4l needed.

Anonymous

To know what's involved for every mileage service....

Come HERE

Tags: