cheap power gain

Started by Wrightly, January 17, 2007, 15:32

Wrightly

Was just trying to figure how to get power cheaply from the engine....
What if I bought one of those oxygen aerosols - you can buy them cheaply in chemists - and rigged it with a small tube into the air intake. It would be controlled from the drivers' seat by pressing the button when required.
This, technically, would give the fire triangle a kick up the arse as there's more O2 in the cylinder on combustion.
Has anyone done this before? Or can anyone see why it shouldn't, at least, be tried?

karlus972

s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:    s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:    s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:    s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:    s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:
Madinina Style!!

markiii

you need 2 one filled with fuel as well   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"you need 2 one filled with fuel as well   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

I'd recommend a decent fire extinguisher as well.
Compressed oxygen feeding directly into an engine - feck!

Anonymous

why not try something safer? buy a decomissioned russian nuclear sub and stick the reactor in the luggage bins. simply connect a switch to the steering wheel, and hey presto, 1 push and your a space shuttle beater!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

firepower

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  i dont think i would like to be around when you press that button  s:flame: :flame: s:flame:
01 tte turbo, sp exhaust and down pipe, tte springs 190hp more power soon ? 205lb/ft
1/4 mile 14.6 s @ 90 .55 mph  ( at drag strip )

edward.carter

just go for professional nos install  s:) :) s:)

karlus972

sorry but I always find amazing that guys buy a great car like the MR2 and ready to install some dangerous cheap a$$ stuff like this on it!!!! Amazing and respect!!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Madinina Style!!

peppyuk

No need to take the mic, just because someone doesn't know something.

From what I remember, dumping loads of Oxygen in with some extra fuel will burn very hot, and I mean very very hot, so hot if fact that your pistons and head will also burn. Thats why we use NOS which lets everything burn much much cooler, ie below your engines melting point.

I'm sure if you search the web you'll be able to find the maths behind it.
\'In a state of mental numbness\'

Tags: