TRD Quikshifter

Started by Anonymous, November 5, 2003, 10:55

Anonymous

Hey guys - is this worth the £130?

Slacey

If it is anything like my B&M, then yes - try a search, there is some information about that was posted not long ago.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

I did but it didn't have the content i required, there wasa  debate between the TRD and the B&M that was never finsihed, as i am looking to buy one i wanted all the pro's and cons of each option explained, this is a discussion forum after all, or am i wrong in posting on here?  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

GSB

Is it worth £130? Depends on how badly you want a shorter throw.

Seeing as the B&M and TRD are pretty closely matched in price, I'd have the TRD design.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Have you actually tried one bigun? I would suggest that if you aint you try someone elses first. I had a mess with markiii's one (although the car was not moving) and its damn hard to change gear... very short throw, but im not sure i would want it all the time.... just my thoughts.

Anonymous

Any ideas how much shorter adn if it'll save me anything on gearchanges?

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"Have you actually tried one bigun? I would suggest that if you aint you try someone elses first. I had a mess with markiii's one (although the car was not moving) and its damn hard to change gear... very short throw, but im not sure i would want it all the time.... just my thoughts.

No i've not - good point mate, but finding some1 here in sussex with one will be hard lol.

Slacey

Quote from: "bigun007"I did but it didn't have the content i required, there wasa  debate between the TRD and the B&M that was never finsihed, as i am looking to buy one i wanted all the pro's and cons of each option explained, this is a discussion forum after all, or am i wrong in posting on here?  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Hold on - you asked if it was worth the money, there was no mention of pro's & cons over stock / B&M / whatever, I answered the question - "yes" I believe they are. As Kris said, you would be best advised to try one, and BTW, I don't appreciate the sarcasm.

Anonymous

It wasn't this post i had an issue with.

I think you looked at my question in too shallow manner, think of it this way, you look at buying Ferrari Enzo and think....hmm is it worth the £200K+

What is the natural thing you do.......weigh up the pro's and con's.

I don't have a problem with you mate, never had either BUT just chill a little yeah.   s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

You've got to ask the right questions to get the right answers.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"I don't appreciate the sarcasm.

ooooooooo............handbags at dawn  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

I can't give you a direct comparision as I only have experience with the TRD, but in doing my research on which to buy I came to the following personal conclusions:

B&M
PRO
Shortest throw

CON
More work to install
Changes the orientation of the stick to the left and forward of the original stick
Heaviest action (presumably)

TRD
PRO
Easier to install, straight swap out
Orientation of stick unchanged

CON
Throw between stock and B&M

I could also get the TRD from a 'local' supplier who had them in stock and got a 10% discount due to membership of MR2DC.

All in all I am glad I did the mod as I find the shifts better than my stock stick and there was no premium charge on my insurance.

markiii

B&M B&M B&M

Kris is right at rest you think you'll break your wrist, however when your moving you don't even notice it.

It's a rifle bolt like change now very snick snick mechanical and I wouldn't have it any other way.

If you want other opions, Stev, Liz, and Phil have all driven it breifly with the B&M and they seemed to like it.

You can get it from Demon tweeks for abou the same price as the TRD you'll find it listed as for the new celica, but it's exactly teh same one.

Kris if you need convincing try it in motion next time.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Slacey

Quote from: "markiii"Kris if you need convincing try it in motion next time.
Kris, you can have a go in mine at North Weald if you like   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"Kris, you can have a go in mine at North Weald if you like   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

YIPPEE!!!   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

Tags: