Are Panels Bolt on

Started by Anonymous, November 5, 2003, 12:30

Anonymous

Can anyone tell me if the Right Rear wing of a 2001 Roadster is bolted on or are there welds as well?

I contacted my local dealer who gave me a price of £129.24 + vat  + painting for the rear wing, but he was unable to confirm if this was a bolt on Item. Any help would be much appreicated.

Thanks

Robert

Anonymous

IF you open the door and look towards the rear you'll see a load of bolts holding a panel on.  So I'm pretty sure it is.  That said it looks to me like undoing the bolts would break paint seals, so I'm not going to try.

Tem

It's a bolt-on item.

(haven't unbolted it myself, but several have)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

mph

ALL the body panels on the MR2 Roadster are bolt on.   s:) :) s:)
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Anonymous

The panels are all bolted on.  The bolts exist on the leading edge by the door, in the engine bay and underneath the decorative panel next to the hood - where the hardtop bracket would go.

Just to mention, Rob, you got off lightly on £129+vat and extras...  I had my car vandalised in November with a damaged rear wing and a every so slightly bent boot lid.  Beadles Toyota (Medway) quoted me £1800 all inc. to fix!  Ridiculous.  Subsquently claim on my insurance as I and protected NCB anyway....

Mart

Tags: