This squeaky clutch thing!!

Started by ccfc andy p, January 28, 2007, 13:38

kanujunkie

the normal clutch squeek is in the pedal though which again needs greasing. BTW what grease are you useing?
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Mad Bob

Have no idea... The garage just put it on... I can find out. What type would you suggest?...
Converse Boot!

kanujunkie

a Lithium based grease is probably best, normal general purpose greases will be about as much use as a chocolate teapot and wear off almost instantly
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Exact same problems over here - Sorry, only just seen this post!

.. admittedly, my squeak has been with me for probably over 6 months. It comes and goes depending on the weather. But when it pops up, it's there when the clutch pedal is pressed, and depressed.

I'm no expert, but I'll give it my best shot at greasing it up! Could someone give me a rough indication as to where I can find the boot?

Ta,

Colin

ccfc andy p

Hi,
Check out the spyderchat link, as follows:
http://spyderchat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=34297&highlight=clutch+fork

At rear underneath near gearbox is a good bet.  Good picture on first post, should give you a rough idea where to look.  Don't be shy with that grease, get it in there!
Hope you sort it  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  .
2001 MR2 Roadster (1D0), K&N Filter, JDM Badge (1D0), JDM Wheel Caps, TRD(style)Spoiler (fm USA), Negative Pre-Cats, Lockwood Door Sills, TRD Badge, Markiii inlet pipe, Simons indicators with trim,TTE rear grille, TRD bracing, C-One C/F side intakes, TTE lowering springs.....more 2 come!!!

Mad Bob

I took it to the garage and the noise went for a couple of weeks then came back... second time i stayed and watched what they did, it seems they sliced the bit of rubber on the slave cylinder and greased it. The second time though the noise went for about 20 minutes.

I got the slave cyliner replaced and they bled the clutch. when all was done it still sqeaked, then they started the engine and it went. So far it has been gone for 4 days.

Touch wood it stays gone. Its the only thing I have absolutely hated since I got the car and it has bugged me soooooo much
Converse Boot!

Anonymous

I'm now getting a sqeak from my accelerator pedal when I depress it  s:( :( s:(  

It actually sounds more like a creaky spring/metallic noise.

inert2k3

Hi,

Ive read through about 10 threads now looking for this... Im SURE there used to be a picture on here showing where to apply a little grease to help with the squeaky clutch problem.

I cant find it anywhere - after much searching!!!

If anyone has the pic, please would they post it up - Many thanks
02 MR2 Roadster]
Wanted]
Coming soon]

inert2k3

Yes! THANKS!   s:D :D s:D
02 MR2 Roadster]
Wanted]
Coming soon]

*andy*

I have this problem at the moment too, it's really annoying as whenever I show anyone it has mysteriously disappeared, and then returns when I'm by myself!

Tags: