Tyre Px's

Started by kanujunkie, November 5, 2003, 17:36

kanujunkie

Hi All,

As a new boy to this MR2 thing and with a 53 plate ie 15 and 16 inch wheels, can anyone tell me what the tyre pressures should be  s:?: :?: s:?:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Should be in the manual that you have with the car - if you bought it new, then they will be heavily over inflated from the ship.

Not sure off hand what they should be, they may be previous posts to search for, or no doubt someone here will come up with the exact ones.

kanujunkie

cheers m8, do have the book ones and i did do a search prior, but thought people would have done a bit of research and found better px's to run with. Hopefully there will be a reply on this
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

IMHO i would stick to what Mr T says - they have tuned, trained & set up their car with these wheels and pressures... who are we to argue with their setup!   s:D :D s:D

mph

Depends entirely on the tyre make, driving style, desired wear rate to name a few.

Stiff sides are the key to having a flexible range of choice. Cheaper tyres often have soft sides inevitably forcing you to have a higher minimum pressure.

On the whole, low pressures will give higher grip and feedback, at the expensive of increased roll, wear rate and fuel consumption.

Pressures should never be dropped such that the tyre will roll over it's safe marker during cornering.

...However, for day-to-day driving, none of this *should* matter as I hope you aren't putting that amount of load through the tyres.

HTH!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Liz

Another place to find the recommended tyre pressures is inside the glove box printed on a white piece of paper over on the right hand side.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

juansolo

*cough*Yokohama*cough*   s:D :D s:D
[size=75]Porsche Cayman - Curvy (almost) perfection
Juno SSE-CN - Bonkers track thing
Mercedes 190E - Das Uberbarge still going strong[/size]

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Liz"Another place to find the recommended tyre pressures is inside the glove box printed on a white piece of paper over on the right hand side.

Doh, being a non member of the league of observant human beings, i hadn't spotted this. Cheers for the heads up.

Stu

p.s. hows the leg Liz?
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

I've stuck with the dealer defaulted pressures, 34 at the back and 32 at the front.

I might get a few stern looks from the other owners about overpumped handling but I'm happy with the air in my boots   s:D :D s:D

Slacey

Quote from: "elfin"I've stuck with the dealer defaulted pressures, 34 at the back and 32 at the front.

I might get a few stern looks from the other owners about overpumped handling but I'm happy with the air in my boots   s:D :D s:D
I found anything over 30 in the fronts a little skittish for me on my 17's, and run them now at 28.
The rears though, I am running at 36.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

mph

Quote from: "Slacey"
Quote from: "elfin"I've stuck with the dealer defaulted pressures, 34 at the back and 32 at the front.

I found anything over 30 in the fronts a little skittish for me on my 17's, and run them now at 28.
The rears though, I am running at 36.
When I was using S03s on 17s, I was running 34 all round - but that was with sports suspension.
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Tags: