Clutch & flywheel

Started by Tem, November 6, 2003, 11:34

dieamond

What's teiwa ?
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

Tem

Quote from: "dieamond"What's teiwa ?

m http://www.teiwa.co.jp/ m

Ships stuff from Japan, just like Takakaira or Japanparts.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Jap GT300

I have the Toda installed as well.  For those with an SMT do you notice (Especially in 3rd gear) under hard acceleration when changing gear you get an over run of revs?

Also when letting off at 4000rpm or higher the car shudders or dramatises the engine braking effect?

I'm not sure if this is related to my other engine problems or not?

Thanks Adam

Tem

Quote from: "Jap GT300"Also when letting off at 4000rpm or higher the car shudders or dramatises the engine braking effect?

I believe that's quite normal for lighter flywheel. The more it weights, the more energy it stores. And when you engine brake, that energy is released...so heavier flywheelhas slower engine braking than a lighter flywheel.

mph

Quote from: "Jap GT300"I have the Toda installed as well.  For those with an SMT do you notice (Especially in 3rd gear) under hard acceleration when changing gear you get an over run of revs?

Also when letting off at 4000rpm or higher the car shudders or dramatises the engine braking effect?

I'm not sure if this is related to my other engine problems or not?
I only get a problem with changing up under light/part-throttle - full throttle is always fine. Letting off the throttle abruptly (especially in 1st/2nd) is rather noticable, but nothing unexpected for a lightweight flywheel. I'd blame the missing turbo for your problems   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Jap GT300

Quote from: "mph"I only get a problem with changing up under light/part-throttle

Hmmm. light/part-throttle I haven't tried that in a while   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tem

Quote from: "Jap GT300"Hmmm. light/part-throttle I haven't tried that in a while   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

That's the throttle position you have to use when some Civic floors his in front of you. Otherwise you'd hit him  s8) 8) s8)

Tags: