Quote from: "kanujunkie"and the fuse?

Fine not blown, car now idles at 1700rpm when cold  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
2003 MR2 Lagoon blue A/C/leather [ SOLD]
2003 TVR Tamora,[373 bhp]
2006 Fiesta ST150.now sold. 2000 Ford Puma Millenium number 64 of 1000

kanujunkie

do yourself a favour, get one of these

m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OBD2-OBD-II-2-CHE ... dZViewItem m

and check the codes yourself, theres still a possibility that you havn't changed the correct one. There is also the possability that the ECU has been damaged although this is extremely unlikely, get a scanner and give yourself an idea of whats going on
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Hugo

Quote from: "kanujunkie"do yourself a favour, get one of these

m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OBD2-OBD-II-2-CHE ... dZViewItem m

and check the codes yourself, theres still a possibility that you havn't changed the correct one. There is also the possability that the ECU has been damaged although this is extremely unlikely, get a scanner and give yourself an idea of whats going on

Thanks Stu
Where does that reader plug in, some where in the engine bay i presume?
How do you find out what the code means, the Mr T hand held jobbie actually tells you what the fault is, this one just gives letters and numbers i believe, got a O2 socket today, draper for £4.99. I`m half way there  s:) :) s:)

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Hugo"Thanks Stu
How do you find out what the code means, the Mr T hand held jobbie actually tells you what the fault is, this one just gives letters and numbers i believe, got a O2 socket today, draper for £4.99. I`m half way there  s:) :) s:)

it plugs in by your right shin bone and the unit comes with a book of what the codes mean
[size=100]Stu[/size]

SimonC_Here

Quote from: "kanujunkie"

it plugs in by your right shin bone and the unit comes with a book of what the codes mean

But only if you're sitting in the drivers seat!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Simon

kanujunkie

Quote from: "SimonC_Here"
Quote from: "kanujunkie"

But only if you're sitting in the drivers seat!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Simon

smart arse!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Hugo

Received my tester yesterday, only one fault code now po141, got a new sensor and just about to fit it and take it out for a run, that will be all 3 O2 sensors changed so as long as i`ve done the job properly we should be OK,
What idle speed do you all have at cold/first start? ours is still at 1700/1400 rpm till warm then 1200 till hot then 950 after, in normal running is the norm?
Thanks

Hugo

So far so good  s:? :? s:?   2days and 100 miles and about 3 cycles and the light remains off  s:P :P s:P

RacingSnake

That's encouraging Hugo - still waiting for MrT to send my garage the post-cat sensor as they have supplied the pre-cat twice now   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

enid_b

i got one of these sensors off ebay.

just about to fit it today and notice it only has 3 wires on this.

i think its the earthing wire, can anyone help regarding this, or do i need to get the proper one sent out.

a speedy reply would be good.

ta

E
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

Tags: