New Noise from centre console !

Started by Anonymous, November 6, 2003, 12:42

Anonymous

Hi all

Yesterday a new noise occurred from the centre console. It can best be described as "white noise" (like you hear on an untuned radio) and it does sound like it comes from the radio (even though it is switch off).

The noise only occurs when driving - although not all the time and at different volumes.

I have switched the engine off whilst in motion and put the gear in neutral and the noise still occurs.

My best guess is that it is a leaf stuck in the blowers - but changing the blower settings does not make the noise any different. I also don't know how to get into the blower ducts to check!

Anyone experienced anything similar and can diagnose my problem?

Thanks

Spangles

Anonymous

Fixed it! Found a large spikey branch stuck up a hole underneath the centre of the car. Took some effort to pull it out and all sounds normal again!   s:P :P s:P  

Quote from: "Spangles"Hi all

Yesterday a new noise occurred from the centre console. It can best be described as "white noise" (like you hear on an untuned radio) and it does sound like it comes from the radio (even though it is switch off).

The noise only occurs when driving - although not all the time and at different volumes.

I have switched the engine off whilst in motion and put the gear in neutral and the noise still occurs.

My best guess is that it is a leaf stuck in the blowers - but changing the blower settings does not make the noise any different. I also don't know how to get into the blower ducts to check!

Anyone experienced anything similar and can diagnose my problem?

Thanks

Spangles

Anonymous

funnily enough, I nearly asked you to check you hadnt hit a bird!

markiii

nah, she'd have been complaining the ride was too hard and the draught messed her hair up  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Slacey

Quote from: "markiii"nah, she'd have been complaining the ride was too hard and the draught messed her hair up  :-) :-) :-)
s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

It's always a relief when it is something so simple (and cheap to fix!) though isn't it?
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Tags: