OBDII reader

Started by Leeber, February 14, 2007, 10:12

Anonymous

probably more than what i wanted to spend at the moment! just wanted a quick fix! but will keep these in mind!

Anonymous

Quote from: "FGRob"
Quote from: "bossman23780"kinda need in now! just reluctant to go to MR T! they are really rubbish near me! but for the time being a trip to them it is  s:( :( s:(

Have you got the SP de-cat pipe fitted?

its on this car! yeah

Anonymous

Quote from: "bossman23780"its on this car! yeah

How many times have you re-set the ECU

Anonymous

since the mil came on, none! i wanted to see what was causing it, but not noticed anything wrong with th car tho!

Anonymous

Quote from: "bossman23780"since the mil came on, none! i wanted to see what was causing it, but not noticed anything wrong with th car though!

Did it come on when you were driving slowly by any chance

Anonymous

yeah! you psyhcic   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

well! i was at crusin speed on a bypass, came to the roundabout came off that slowly then noticed the light on!

but yeah slow because of the awlful weather!

Anonymous

Quote from: "bossman23780"yeah! you psyhcic   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

well! i was at crusin speed on a bypass, came to the roundabout came off that slowly then noticed the light on!

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  I get the same so it should be a code 0420 - basically your third sensor. You need a spacer fitting or if you have one already a bigger one.

When I first fitted my downpipe it would do about 40 miles then bingo it would come on - no affect on performance by the way, fitted an extension piece which stopped it for a lot longer but eventually it would return. Currently I'm having my extension extended even further  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:D :D s:D  to help the problem even further, but ultimately I've decided to remove the ECU and go for an Apexi Power FC - after a very long discussion with Chris at Hyper Sport.

Anonymous

Quote from: "FGRob"
Quote from: "bossman23780"yeah! you psyhcic   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  I get the same so it should be a code 0420 - basically your third sensor. You need a spacer fitting or if you have one already a bigger one.

When I first fitted my downpipe it would do about 40 miles then bingo it would come on - no affect on performance by the way, fitted an extension piece which stopped it for a lot longer but eventually it would return. Currently I'm having my extension extended even further  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:D :D s:D  to help the problem even further, but ultimately I've decided to remove the ECU and go for an Apexi Power FC - after a very long discussion with Chris at Hyper Sport.

kool   s8) 8) s8)  

so aslong as it is that  s:? :? s:?  i should be fine resetting and running the car as norm til i get it fixed!

Anonymous

Have you spoke to Matt about it?

Anonymous

yep he said reset but of course he like to know what the code is! ideally!

Anonymous

Quote from: "bossman23780"yep he said reset but of course he like to know what the code is! ideally!

If you can get over to Stoke on the A50 we can always meet up and do a quick reading and re-set.

Anonymous

Tomorrow night that is.

Anonymous

you have PM

Anonymous

Quote from: "bossman23780"you have PM

OK so do you

Leeber

Well, well well. Just got the car back from Mr T's who very kindly did my clutch for me. I also wanted them to investigate the CEL, I told them about the code etc, so they plugged in their reader to see what sort of output the O2 sensor was giving. The result? Zilch, nada nothing. There was absolutely no signal coming from the sensor at all. They actually commented that even a faulty sensor usually gives some sort of output. I'm booked back in for next week so they can sort it out, along with a sump leak and 2 misty tail-light units. I was a bit surprised about the sump-leak, obviously it was removed and refitted during the TTE installation. I haven't had to top the oil up yet, but from what I could see it was definitely leaking. Oh, and the intercooler was knocking on the bodywork so they had to adjust that slightly as well.
I think it might be an idea to start a sticky'd thread for TTET owners to document any related issues.
I\'m Pink, Therefore I\'m Spam.

normanh

Bought one ages ago different make paid about 20 something off fleabay. Only ever used the once on Moreno's 2 a while back worked fine no probs, back in its box since then. To be frank hope I never have to use it on mine but its there if needed and I can vouch for them being so useful.

normanh  s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

Well just got my reader today!

Not had a problem with the car since changing the battery, so no more MIL   s:D :D s:D  

... lets hope i never have to put it to use though!

Anonymous

Was just in halfords and noticed they had a OBD2 reader, just the one type and it was £130!   s:o :o s:o

kanujunkie

ebay odb readers go for £10-£20
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "kanujunkie"ebay odb readers go for £10-£20

Exactly!

Got to say i didnt really study the halfords one, so it maybe of a higher spec i.e. connects to youre PC, etc. But from the picture on the box, well it looked very basic!

firepower

i also got a cel today  s:( :( s:(  checked the code and it turned out to be p0136 which happens to be the sensor fitted in to the sp down pipe so i have just turned the light out and will see how long it is before it returns , i was also going slowly round a roundabout when it came on this seems to be a common fault especialy on the sp decat pipe hopefully we will find a solution to this problem  s:) :) s:)
01 tte turbo, sp exhaust and down pipe, tte springs 190hp more power soon ? 205lb/ft
1/4 mile 14.6 s @ 90 .55 mph  ( at drag strip )

Liz

Quote from: "firepower"i also got a cel today  s:( :( s:(  checked the code and it turned out to be p0136 which happens to be the sensor fitted in to the sp down pipe so i have just turned the light out and will see how long it is before it returns , i was also going slowly round a roundabout when it came on this seems to be a common fault especialy on the sp decat pipe hopefully we will find a solution to this problem  s:) :) s:)

I changed my MAF to get rid of it....it will return after 3 trips.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Tags: