How to prevent alloy wheel bubbling ?

Started by red_leicester, February 19, 2007, 12:22

enid_b

would anyone be good enough to take mine in for a refurb please?
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

Anonymous

Had mine refurbed last week and they did a great job (with the exception of putting wheels on incorrectly with the left side on the right and the right side on the left which I didnt spot until I went to a garage to check the pressures later that day!). I suspect that due to the design the corrosion will set in as before some time in the future though.
I'll post a link to the pictures when I put them on the net, the before and after.

red_leicester

Just to update this thread, and in case anyone stumbles across it in the future, I applied the Protex4 gubbins to the wheels before I fitted them to the car.

If anything happens regarding bubblage I'll post a report, if I remember/still have the car/haven't emigrated to Sicily/etc in the meantime.
[size=84]Jez[/size]
[size=75]2001 Red MR2[/size]

Anonymous

New
Just had my third set of alloys replaced by MrT yesterday....I recall someone saying they looked brighter?
I agree they do look more silvery than my previous wheels.

Took the 2 to get washed straight after (seagulls had been having some target practice....as they seem to do virually every day  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  ), noticed the water beading on the wheels.....I wonder if MrT applied a bit of wax....or if they came like that?
Can't say I recall the same effect when they were replaced last year.

Whilst there, I also got them to replace the screws on my driver's side sun visor (one of them used to always vibrate loose and drop on me.....being really, really scared of wasps....I used to jump like hell  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  )......does anyone else get trouble with these wasp like screws?

kanujunkie

get rid of the sunvisors then, bloody annoying anyway, then you can get yourelf a set of these  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

see  m http://www.mr2roc.org/subdreamer/index. ... egoryid=17 m

still screwed in but a drop of glue on the hreads will sort that one out
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Just got myself an ' 03 model (25,000 on the clock) and the alloys are perfect! Does that sound right or have I just got lucky? No record of the alloys being replaced, but those on the Celica I had previously were a real mess so I really want to protect these as much as possible.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Moses_uk"Just got myself an ' 03 model (25,000 on the clock) and the alloys are perfect! Does that sound right or have I just got lucky? No record of the alloys being replaced, but those on the Celica I had previously were a real mess so I really want to protect these as much as possible.

Not sure but Toyota alloys tend to flake allot  s:( :( s:(  , they have probably been refurbed at some point.

Anonymous

Recently had mine refurbed for £240 from place in blackpool(see ebay)great job well worth it,so i wouldnt worry too much use your car and get them done just before you sell if you scuff em.

Tags: