Whiteline parts

Started by VVT-i, February 22, 2007, 18:46

VVT-i

As I said before, I am looking to upgrade the anti-roll bars (swaybars) on my "2".. so I sent an email to Job @ Whiteline UK and enquired about them.

This is the part numbers of what I will hopefully be getting...

Swaybars...  

BFT81Z    front - 22mm adjustable

BTR84Z    rear - 18mm adjustable

W0007 - swaybar link bush kit (for OE droplinks.. I won't be getting these....)

ALIGNMENT PRODUCTS...

KCA414  front  camber bolt kit  - 14mm

KCA415  rear   camber bolt kit - 15mm

I also asked if they do uprated droplinks and got this reply....

QuoteWe also manufacture uprated, adjustable, rosejointed links. But I would need to see the OE droplinks for measurement to determine which ones will fit your car..
(... because I hope to get these)

I will hopefully order these next week, I will then let you know how I get on with reguards to the prices etc.

The camber kit isn't listed on the price list on their website.. but the part number are above incase any of you are thinking about getting them... I will try and find out the part number for the droplinks too and add them to this post as soon as i know.
2005 MR2 Roadster  (Black)
P.E. Turbo and other stuff that gives 234BHP  \";)\"

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

VVT-i

Had this work carried out today, not had much of a play as yet.. hopefully tomorrow. On the way home I felt a slight difference in the way the car handles, but the twisties is where i should notice it more   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Prices...

BTR81Z - Front swaybar £135 (incl VAT)

BTR84Z - Rear swaybar £135

W0007 - universal swaybar link pack £8

KCA414 - Adjustable camber bolt kit 14mm £43

KCA415 - Adjustable camber bolt kit 15mm £46

KLC40/195 - Link kit Universal Ball Joint 195/122MM £93

Altogether just under £500 fully fitted with the full geometrics set for a neutral setup

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

kanujunkie

just go round a roundabout, thats where i first felt the difference with the TRD ones, the car just doesn't want to lean in at all and you'll feel the effects in the sideways g-forces
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

aaronjb

Quote from: "kanujunkie"you'll feel the effects in the sideways g-forces

Great, best I don't get any then.. I already practically fall out of the car as it is  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  (must be all that mass translated into a sideways force!)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

how does it feel now vvt-i?

VVT-i

Its wet up here tonight.. but it deffinately feels stiffer   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

aaronjb

Quote from: "VVT-i"Its wet up here tonight.. but it deffinately feels stiffer   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Too many jokes.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

VVT-i

Here are some piccies....

Front bar and droplink bush kit.

Rear bar, camber bolt kit and droplinks.

Rear droplinks and bar.

markiii

I take it those are the 3 way adjustables tthen?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

VVT-i

They are adjustable, as are the droplinks.

Anonymous

Quote from: "VVT-i"KLC40/195 - lINK KIT UNIVERSAL BALL JOINT 195/122MM £93

Now this is nice.

Kool PT

old thread but did you ever reach a conclusion about the bang for the buck here?

whiteline stuff seems to be well priced - my other question, is it worth paying extra for the adjustable ones? I take it you just connect the ARB to different positions on the adjustable ones to change the angle that they sit? other question, will the non-'beefy' 2srus ARB links be fine for either adjustable or non-adjustable versions?
PT\'s Cruiser: Black 2000 MR2 Roadster V6

3.0L 1MZ-FE V6, Ferrari 355 exhaust, Cusco FSTB, Tein S.Tech springs.

VVT-i

Bang for buck has to be the best modification I've done.

If you aren't paying much more then get the adjustable ones... 2 reasons, 1.. handy for the odd track day if you wan't to stiffen things up... 2.. If you find them too stiff/loose for yoir liking/driving style then you can adjust them.

To adjust them you just bolt the droplink into a different hole on the bar, what this does is lengthen/shorten the "lever" part of the bar making it stiffer or softer. I'll try to explain that incase your not sure how they work.

As the car corners it tries to twist the bar by pushing and pulling on the "legs" of the bar, adjusting the lenght of the leg  tightens/loosens the bar... the shorter it is the stiffer it is and it will take more effort to twist it, the longer it is the looser it will be less effort is required to twist it. The actual angle that the bar sits at doesn't change.

I haven't seen the 2's r us droplinks so can't comment.. but I don't think there is much difference in the price between them and the adjustable whiteline links, which as you have seen are quite beefy.

For prices try contacting Automotive Services in Dunfermline (where I got mine fitted) 01383 738077, They should have my details (as per my PM to you) on record so they can price you on record. Or... contact Whiteline UK direct on 01383 820820 and ask for Sandy or Job (pronounced Yob)

Wabbitkilla

Fom experience i can say the Whiteline items are actually better than the twos-r-us items for a couple of reasons;
1. With the current exchange rate the price difference isn't worth worrying about.
2. If anything goes wrong with them, a company in the UK is infinitely better to deal with than one outside the UK.
3. The Whiteline items have full and proper dust covers to protect the bearings.
4. The Whiteline droplink bearings are much beefier and therfore stronger and less prone to wear.
5. The Whiteline droplink adjusters actually work.

Ok, more than a couple of reasons.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
If i had the choice to make again i would go with Whiteline.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Kool PT

aye but i've already got 2srus ones fitted so will i need to replace them?
PT\'s Cruiser: Black 2000 MR2 Roadster V6

3.0L 1MZ-FE V6, Ferrari 355 exhaust, Cusco FSTB, Tein S.Tech springs.

Wabbitkilla

No, not really necesary, I'll only ever replace my 2s-r-us ones if they fail (like one already did).

I've got 2's-r-us droplinks with Cusco adjustable ARB, that ARB is 3-way adjustable just like the Whiteline ones.
The ARB does make an incredible difference to the cornering of the car, definitely worth doing imho   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Whiteline have a good rep on the web, don't know about Cusco, i did my buying wihout doing enough research obviously but the result works well for me.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from

Wabbitkilla

Well, the remaining original 2s-r-us droplink has started to knock.

I guess i'll be moving to Whiteline as soon as i can afford them   s:x :x s:x

uktotty

Are all these things a good idea for NA car?
I have corkys, front and rear strut and che rear brace?

Wabbitkilla

They're a good idea for any car!

Two's Company

Worth a GB as there are quite a few listed for the droplinks in the current thread?

Anonymous

Quote from: "uktotty"Are all these things a good idea for NA car?
I have corkys, front and rear strut and che rear brace?
You are talking two different things here Russ, you are talking bracing this is about anti roll bars which is part of the suspension.

Rob.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"Well, the remaining original 2s-r-us droplink has started to knock.

I guess i'll be moving to Whiteline as soon as i can afford them   s:x :x s:x
Is it the front that have gone Nic or the back, I'm still running the original ones I brought 3 / 4 years ago, they still seem as good as new.

Rob.

Wabbitkilla

It's the back ones Rob, when i got the replacement (i had to pay for) for the first one that failed i notices the threaded bolt was marginally larger than the originals sent from 2s-r-us. I reckon he had a cheaper batch and i got them - not impressed and my money won't  be going to him again.

At least the Whiteline items come with dust covers.

Trouble is i've just paid for 2 new front tyres (yes i'm going doing to 45 profile) and a full set of disks and pads which it turns out i don't immediately need.

VVT-i

Mine have now been on for nearly 3 years without any problems whatsoever. I don't know what difference they make on their own but you can tell simply by looking at them that they are a lot better than the standard links.

Getting the whiteline stuff has to be the best bang per buck modification I've done, would highly reccomend them.. it's just a pity they aren't on the outside covered in chrome or something to show them off lol.

carl_evs

Nic, if your going to get some Whiteline ones I would be in for some as well as I got an advisory on one of the rears on last years MOT - so I was planning to pick up a rear sway bar and droplinks and do it all in one fell swoop. I would defo be up for a group buy if we can get the interest.

I would offer to run a GB myself but I am so busy with work I wouldnt be sure of being able to dedicate the necessary time and dont want t let anyone down - anyone fancy starting one?!
2nd Place - Northern Treasure Hunt

\'52 Lagoon Blue SMT - Likwidart graphics - quite a bit of other stuff...most homemade!!

Quote from: \"nelix\"Sold him my knob, fast payment, thanks

Tags: