30K Service

Started by Darth Paul, November 10, 2003, 22:05

Darth Paul

Did a search for this and it returned over 250 (un)matches.  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

So, you folks who have had their 30K birthday – what did you pay for the service and what work was carried out?

Also, my driver's seat is wearing away (seatbelt) so I thought I'd get it replaced under warranty. Anyone know the cost to the dealer for cloth seat cover replacement? I was wondering 'coz I was thinking of putting in the extra for leather...

Cheers

DP

Slacey

The 30k is just an intermediate; I pay £78 for those.
Oh, and I have no idea about the seat cover, but if no-one else has come up with an answer tomorrow morning I'll ask my parts guy.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Darth Paul

Quote from: "Slacey"The 30k is just an intermediate; I pay £78 for those.
Oh, and I have no idea about the seat cover, but if no-one else has come up with an answer tomorrow morning I'll ask my parts guy.

Cheers!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

DP

Liz

Re seat covers, I posted this recently:

m http://www.mr2roc.org/viewtopic.php?t=1 ... seat+cover m

So should be no problem, let me know about the leather if you hear anything back on that.... but having said that I haven't heard from Mr. T to say that they are in stock yet!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

I seem to recall them doing a few extras in the 30K service, things like replacing the air filters, oil filters or whatever (can't remember exactly).

It's in the service book that they stamp at the front.  I've not got my car at the moment so can't look.

Anonymous

I had my 30K service yesterday, just an oil change basically - charged me £105!! This was with Toyota World in Birmingham, I was pleased because they looked after me, I received a personal greeting on arrival for a member of the servicing team, with an explanation of what was to be carried out, and on collection no problems, charge as quoted, they had just altered the handbrake slightly too and that was it!

I bought the car from Westlands in Stourbridge originally, and had it's first 2 services there, but they definately need to work on there servicing and aftersales organisation!! I just feel that they cant cope there, and after spending all that money with them, I wanted a professional aftersales service.

Anyway, 30K on my '2, cant see me keeping her much longer now.

S2000, mmmm......

dimwit

S7EVE, how much was the services at westlands? thats where we brought ours from, they want us to go back for the services to be done there!..

Slacey

Quote from: "dimwit"S7EVE, how much was the services at westlands? thats where we brought ours from, they want us to go back for the services to be done there!..
At the end of the day, you can take your car for a service anywhere you like - stick with where you are happiest.

Anonymous

My first service at Westlands, Stourbridge, cost me £105, exactly the same as my third service. Expensive for an oil change, but its the all important stamp!!   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

dimwit

Murley Auto in Western Road, Stratford-upon-Avon are still authorised to carry out sevice work and supply parts, although they can't sell new cars (now Citroen dealers). It's worth phoning them on 01789 298975.

Service charges:-
20,000 miles £125
30,000 miles £  68
40,000 miles £186
50,000 miles £  68
Depending on the mileage there may an air filter at about £25

Regards
  s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D

dimwit

Nice one roger, phoned them up £73.00.. sorted!!, I'm only after the dealers stamp for the warranty..  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

I had my 30K service Tuesday this week.  I didn't take it to a main dealer and paid £130. Oops.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SUNBEAM"I had my 30K service Tuesday this week.  I didn't take it to a main dealer and paid £130. Oops.

assuming that you still have a warranty, wont that invalidate it?

Slacey

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"assuming that you still have a warranty, wont that invalidate it?
I believe new rules say that you can service your car away from a main dealer and even do it yourself, and maintain your warranty providing it was serviced to the manufacturers specification.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"I believe new rules say that you can service your car away from a main dealer and even do it yourself, and maintain your warranty providing it was serviced to the manufacturers specification.

Correct; the hard part is proving that.

Tags: