1zz-fe parts

Started by mikelrob, March 10, 2007, 21:47

mikelrob

Well i got part my engine dismantled in situ, taking the sump off revealed the big end bearings worn by 9!! thous of an inch. and it looked like they had a date stamp on 19MY06? can anyone verify if that is what it is?

Also looked into the valve stem oil seals which i suspect were gone cause compression test said we had every cylinder @ 200 psi. toyota said 184 so i reckon someone maybe skimed the head before i got it. only thing i know for certain is that it is gonna be a real bitch to replace the V.S.O.Seals without lifting the head off.

and the spark plugs, my god the electorde gap was about 3mm and they were very white and corroded.

anyway anyone know where i can get :

a set of big end shells
16 valve stem oil seals
and a set of iridium spark plugs

thanks

Anonymous

Quote from: "mikelrob"Well i got part my engine dismantled in situ, taking the sump off revealed the big end bearings worn by 9!! thous of an inch. and it looked like they had a date stamp on 19MY06? can anyone verify if that is what it is?

Also looked into the valve stem oil seals which i suspect were gone cause compression test said we had every cylinder @ 200 psi. toyota said 184 so i reckon someone maybe skimed the head before i got it. only thing i know for certain is that it is gonna be a real bitch to replace the V.S.O.Seals without lifting the head off.

and the spark plugs, my god the electorde gap was about 3mm and they were very white and corroded.

anyway anyone know where i can get :

a set of big end shells
16 valve stem oil seals
and a set of iridium spark plugs

thanks

Read this   m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11393 m

Rob

Tags: