2001 plate question

Started by Anonymous, March 12, 2007, 22:28

Anonymous

i have done a search for the info but cannot seem to find it so any help would be great!

i have a 2001 x plate with 15" stock alloys all round i was putting 17's on it but i have come across a set of 2003 stock alloys with no tyres at a really good price so 15" front and 16" rears so my question being,

will they go straight on my car with the stock tyre sizes without any probs because i know they also changed the suspension on the later models so would that make a difference to me putting them on an earlier model?
  s:? :? s:?    s:? :? s:?    s:? :? s:?    s:?: :?: s:?:

enid_b

yes they should fit no probs.

i would recommend that you fit Toyo Proxies on them.  i do not have personal experience of them, but from what i understand the concensus on this forum is that these are very suitable for our cars.

J
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

Anonymous

is that yes they will go on with no probs or yes it will cause a problem?

Anonymous

they aren't yours are they? as i got them from manchester
undecided on tyres really there is that many different opinions on tyres same as sizes too there is that many different opinions which do you go with i was looking at 195/50/15 front and 225/50/16 rear

enid_b

nopes, they aint mine.

m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15355 m

this should give you a little insight into the tyre world.  it has been covered to death really on the forum. problem is, its not that obvious to find it.

and try  w www.blackcircles.com w  again, i have not tried them, but folks here mention them quite a lot
E
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

Chris_h

Sam,

I have the same 03 wheels on my car (which is X reg)

Currently on OE Yoko's, but just bought a set of Toyos based on the consensus of this forum. The added bonus is that they are just about the cheapest branded tyre available.

Most peeps go for

225/40/16 rear
and 195/50/15 front.

My tyres, all 4 for £170 delivered - Bargain.
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

rtbiscuit

search the forums, there are tyre threads galore!

but FYI i have the toyo proxies, and they're great. and i got mine from mytyres.com and all including delivery, fitting, balancing and alignment cost me £220 ish.

will be a little more with 16" on the the rear, hope this helps
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Chris_h

RT - £210 incl fitting for 16"s and 15"s

Maybe the price came down.
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

rtbiscuit

got mine aligned as well which is about £30

Tyres = £170
fitting = £25
alignment = £30

all in £235
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Chris_h

Gotcha!

Its all good - about the same price as 2 rears - assuming you could still buy em.

Anonymous

ok thanks for your help was looking at toyos obviously im going for the same all round and i was looking to spend about 200ish so they maybe my choice!

chris_h is that the tyre sizes you run in the toyos?
and i take it you like em?

Tags: