DESPERATLY SEEKING HELP! PLEASE!

Started by Anonymous, April 7, 2007, 10:44

enid_b

confirming what markiiiii says.

that is of course, unless toyota set up a completely new production line, using completely new components for all of it.

no wonder toyota are the biggest car makers in the world if they have a different production line for the same car, but a different spec for each national model.

id take it elsewhere.

E
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

Anonymous

If you say roughly where in the country you are from then somebody on here may be able to suggest an alternative garage.
(I think you said you drove it 400 mls from Scotland but I may be wrong)

rtbiscuit

whats your location kingmodest, post it up in your profile.

we maybe able to reccomend somewhere better
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Anonymous

I thought they werent allowed by law to refuse to work on a Toyota if they are Toyota dealers? I would phone Toyota gb for clarification.
You "i have a Toyota MRS, my local dealer refuses to work on it, why?"
Them "which dealer sir? We will give them a sound spanking!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

For what it's worth, generally speaking, your service as a garage is an 'invitation to purchase'. As  a garage, you can chose either to accept or reject your offer.
The argument with Toyota may well work though.

Anonymous

so would i be able (if needed)to drop a uk roadster engine in a mr-s import and off i go! also where would be a good place to buy a new engine (if i need one) from? thanks agian peeps, should have it to a garage soon and get the enige to bits (well take the top off and have a look at the timing chain) i dont think its the tensioner as the noise is still there when the belt is off! anyone any ideas about the ideling issue mentioned in my last post? could that have something to do with the timing? eg. if the belts slack could the ideling rpm drop down to what i described? thanks.. agian, and again and again and so forth! lol. i will have to post some pics of the car somewhere (but where?) you'll love it! if you like em moddified  s:D :D s:D

markiii

if you use teh j-spec loom and ecu then it should be fine

theres one on ebay for £950 at the mo
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  WHAT! oh crap! i cannot afford that for a while if i need one then!  s:( :( s:(   boooo!

Anonymous

UPDATE.. We got the oil pan off and took a look, and its the big end! that diesel sound that i was hearing is the fooking big end! i dont yet know if the rod is buggerd, but will find out soon enough! Its a really nice car, ive just bought it and now im gonna have to put more money in! and ive no idea how much!  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  i'll post a pic if possible (where do i do it anyway?) its got full top secret2 body kit, carbon fibre bonnet, carbon fibre air intakes, volk alloys (two colour) and Apexi adjustable suspension, finnished off with a custom respray in met orange. its v nice. lol.

roger

Quote from: "sandstrain"For what it's worth, generally speaking, your service as a garage is an 'invitation to purchase'. As  a garage, you can chose either to accept or reject your offer.

I doubt that very much...I bet their agreement to have a Toyota franchise doesn't allow them to be picky about which Toyota cars they will service, and which they won't   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

markiii

true Roger, but they are allowed to refuse to work on imports as their terms only cover UK/EU supplied cars
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "kingmodest"UPDATE.. We got the oil pan off and took a look, and its the big end! that diesel sound that i was hearing is the fooking big end! i dont yet know if the rod is buggerd, but will find out soon enough! Its a really nice car, ive just bought it and now I'm gonna have to put more money in! and ive no idea how much!  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  i'll post a pic if possible (where do i do it anyway?) its got full top secret2 body kit, carbon fibre bonnet, carbon fibre air intakes, volk alloys (two colour) and adjustable suspension, finnished off with a custon respray in met orange. its v nice. lol.

Make sure they check the pre-cats as Markiii said.
Piece of ceramic from disintigrating cat blocks oilway to big end bearing and and it runs!
Or, high oil consumption and level let to get too low.
Make sure they find the cause.

Anonymous

Quote from: "roger"
Quote from: "sandstrain"For what it's worth, generally speaking, your service as a garage is an 'invitation to purchase'. As  a garage, you can chose either to accept or reject your offer.

I doubt that very much...I bet their agreement to have a Toyota franchise doesn't allow them to be picky about which Toyota cars they will service, and which they won't   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

At the end of the day, generally speaking, the seller accepts or rejects the offer from the buyer. This is fundamental in common law. So the Toyota garage can refuse to deal with a customers request. They would of course be liable to get into trouble with Toyota because, as you rightly say, they may be in breach of thier franchise agreement. But I think this is what I meant to say in the first place  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

MAD UPDATE: Right, i may even start a new thread covering all that weve found so far, to help people out who have the dreaded rattle! We thought it was the big end to start off with (after we thought it was timing chain that is!) and took off the oil pan and took out one of the shells (bearings, cylinder 1) and they where worn (fooked i think the described word was. seems it may have been run without oil at somepoint! dont know why that is? but think it was caught earliy!) so we got hold of a GOOD condition second hand one (from a friend) and tried it, the car ran alot quieter, and so the next night we decided to take the oil pan off, and start again we took all the bearings out and mic'd (micrometer, to check for wear and tear) up the crank and big end cylinders 1-3 as we couldnt get at 4! (i think) and it was all within spec! so we left that for the night so we could order some new bearings, and big end bolts, and oil filter while we was at it! the folowing night, (seeing as markii keep telling me to do it! BIG thanks to you mate!) we took out the pre-cats, theres 35,000miles on the car and they where in the same condition as the ones in the tutorial!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  just started to disintergrate, i swear another day running on them and it might of been bye bye engine, you could see the wear on them! in some parts they had even started to dip! SO glad there out! So, the job to day is to put all of the stuff back together!  s:) :) s:)   the pre-cats have to go back on and the bearings are to go back on. box it all together and ill report my findings back tonight or tomorrow. then depending if it gets fixed or not eg, stops the bloody tapping/knocking sound. i will open a new thread, saying something like "Does your car sound like a rickety diesel? why not look in side and see if this no nonsence practical is any good for you!" LOL..  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

rtbiscuit

well done on that,

also i recognise your car pic in your avatar, i saw it several times on fleabay, lovely example, speaking of which could you resize it, as when i load the page up i keep thiking your car is going to kill me as it leaps off the screen at me.
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Tags: