Members with OBD II Code Readers

Started by carl_evs, April 12, 2007, 20:08

ianfsb

One of these:

m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-5-LCD-U480- ... 3f1849a615 m

Purchased 15th May, received today (9th June). Paid £14.42 (US $22.48) delivered. Well packed. Vendor very attentive.

Works fine!
Comes with good instruction book which also contains a list of codes with descriptions.

Happy to help anyone. I'm in Waterlooville (Portsmouth, Hants.).

dansage

you can add me - Dan Sage, Leicester
Black 2000 Mr2. 17 inch alloys, 35mm lowering kit, Full stainless proflow double twin exhaust, K&N cool air induction kit, led light upgrades, blue plasma glow white dial dash, short shift kit, push button start, hard top.

Britant

Add me- Bridgwater, Somerset

oldfriends

I posted to the old thread a long time ago. I still have a Reader and I am still willing to help out in the Northeast USA. I also have an Oxygen Sensor socket and a factory service manual if needed. I am in England, but it is the "New England" region of the US, State of New Hampshire, about a two hour drive north of Boston, Massachusetts.

princess gaynor

You can add me to the list I've just bought an OBD II reader

adscan

add me too. i got a reader in Hertfordshire

Anonymous

Hi all, not being remotely mechanically  adept.....engine management  light just come on. I believe I need to have a diagnostic test with an OBD reader. My car is inivybridge, plymouth. Is anyone able to help please. Thankyou

Anonymous

I have a OBD2 reader. Im down in Crawley

w00dhead

I have a code reader and (it was another £8.40) and Oxygen sensor socket. Happy to be added to the list...

Keith

I now have an OBD reader.   Just about to get a sensor socket as well.  Between Ledbury and Hereford - Herefordshire. Pleased to help
2000, lagoon blue, hard top, precats removed, Dev\'s keyhole covers, K & N, breatplate.  Loving it even more I\'ve had the injectors cleaned!

Kyol

Do you need any adapter to use these from the box?

StuC

Most of them come with a lead, some even permanently connected to the unit.
Which one have you got?
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

ZeroQI

Used a cheap bluetooth dongle (chinese ELM327) with jap spec MR-S on Android mobile phone running "Torque (free)"
Fields that can be mapped:
   . Intake Temp
   . Coolant temp
   . Revs
   . Speed
   . Throttle
   . Acceleration (using phone acceleration sensor)
   . All data widget

The chinese knock-off owever supports less protocols and speed than real ELM327 chips...
Toyota MR-S 2003 SMT 6-Speed Sable (matching hardtop, alloys) Red fabric Seats

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "ZeroQI"Used a cheap bluetooth dongle (chinese ELM327) with jap spec MR-S on Android mobile phone running "Torque (free)"
Fields that can be mapped:
   . Intake Temp
   . Coolant temp
   . Revs
   . Speed
   . Throttle
   . Acceleration (using phone acceleration sensor)
   . All data widget

The chinese knock-off owever supports less protocols and speed than real ELM327 chips...

That's quite a lucky find ... it's normally impossible to find a reader that works with the MR-S   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

novacaine

ive got one - im in west leake, nottingham

RacingSnake

Could you take me off the OBDII list please as I had to sell the MR2 recently and gave the reader along with it. The reader is still in the same town and I will encourage the new owner to register again on here and make the reader available on a listing so hopefully only a temporary absence  s:) :) s:)

ZeroQI

Hi all, I have tried since a "Diag my toyota" free android app with a cheap ELM327 OBDII dongle on my Toyota MR-S. (Yes, it's a jap one...)
It does give a direct value reading on few sensors like accelerator, clutch, etc... that could help people test if their sensors are working or not
It does allow to read ECU error but could not get it to work on my MR-S. THe non jap cars should be OK

If you have an ELM327, give it a try, it is nice to see the voltage range on the accelerator when you press so you know the normal range, so using two cars should allow to diagnose easier sensor issues by comparing...

Hope it helps...

Anonymous

I have one in Kings Lynn Norfolk.

catwoman13cats

Hiya, is there anyone in Inverclyde/Glasgow area with a reader please? My management light just came on tonight have never had any issues with ECU in the past. Anyone who can help would be most grateful
Thanks
Katriona
\'54 Red Edition MR2, Devs keyhole covers, Lockwood sills,TTE springs,K&N Panel Filter, RMS Quad Custom SS Exhaust, Toyo T1R Proxes, Debadged Backend!
Ex \'01 Lagoon Blue MR2 AC/Hardtop, Black Leather

jimjam

I have a basic one l based in Braintree Essex, or work in Chelmsford, baddow or south woodham ferrers

ZeroQI

Hi, am in Bray, ireland. I have a 2003 SMT MR-S and can now read the codes and settings thanks to a cheapo usb cable with techstream.

Conno11y

Just a quick heads up... If you have an Android Phone you can download an App called Torque from the marketplace. It is VERY VERY good. Not only can you use it to scan for codes you can use it to display realtime data.

Pair this up with a cheap bluetooth OBD reader (Expect to pay around £15) and you have your own code reader.

I've erased loads of codes on a variety of cars at work and I charge £5 a pop...

loadswine

Pavett1990 now has an OBD reader and is happy to be added to the list of members that have them and will help others. Based around Bridgend area.  s:) :) s:)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Reme

Also got one add me to the list if you want for anyone in the north east.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

DonVulpes

OBD II in Ashby-de-la-Zouch, just off the M42 ( actually in Donisthorpe, but nobody ever knows where that is  s;) ;) s;)  )

Tags: