Members with OBD II Code Readers

Started by carl_evs, April 12, 2007, 20:08

Standard

Quote from: "manos3003"
Quote from: "Standard"Dreaded engine management light has appeared so if there is anyone with a reader who can confirm the O2 sensor has died that would be a great help (West Mids/Black Country/Worcester areas).

Thanks

Bro, I'm in Cov. Although I'm off from Wed for the next few days, back in the UK next Tue.

Happy to help though  s:) :) s:)

Thanks for the offer but Nathan sorted me out. Nowt personal he was just a lot closer.

shnazzle

Bro?   s:) :) s:)  haha. I just got flashed back to the 90s.

I hope to have some further OBD2 capabilities soon allowing to do a bit more logging and ECU activities in the North East for anybody needing such services (logging fueling, fault codes and freeze frames in detail, key programming, triggering etc etc)
...neutiquam erro.

manos3003

Quote from: "Standard"
Quote from: "manos3003"
Quote from: "Standard"Dreaded engine management light has appeared so if there is anyone with a reader who can confirm the O2 sensor has died that would be a great help (West Mids/Black Country/Worcester areas).

Thanks

Bro, I'm in Cov. Although I'm off from Wed for the next few days, back in the UK next Tue.

Happy to help though  s:) :) s:)

Thanks for the offer but Nathan sorted me out. Nowt personal he was just a lot closer.

No worries, glad you got it sorted.
I can't recall a day when I drove my MR2 and it didn't put a smile on my face
<strike>2000 Spectra Blue Mica - 2ZZ-GE gone, but not forgotten</strike>
2002 Spectra Blue Mica K20A2 coming up

krazysteve

My son has just bought one of these, so far well impressed.    m http://www.amazon.co.uk/Autel-MaxiDiag- ... lite+md802 m
Airbags, abs everything, tried it so far on Suzuki, Bmw, vauxhall, toyota subaru.
RACING, because football, cricket, rugby and golf only need ONE BALL

Ballistic

Hi all, just joined.

I have an OBD II reader in Leyland, Lancs if anyone wants to make use of it.
It's only a U480, nowt flashy but it works   s:) :) s:)

R1Devil

I bought one the other week for a dodgy O2 sensor so you can add me to the list now also if anyone locally needed some help  s:) :) s:)

Chris - East Sussex (Heathfield)

tets

Hi all

I've got a lead, lap top and software to check codes - It's a free download so can't reset faults but i'm working on that!!

In Monton near Salford Royal Hospital

cheers
Steve

tets

now got scantool for the laptop so can reset!!

beavisrules

Oh  can put me on the list.
Can stop and do checks on may home from work , for anyone along the Gloucester-sharpness canal to Cheltenham.
Have various readers including factory kit for other makes.(gm/vag/volvo)
got the elm327 wifi which is my favourite.
got techstream but my subscription is out, so it'll only do code reading and such like (pita to set up).

I don't keep the software installed for others so will need notice or can just drop the leads off.
or you can borrow an wifi/bluetooth dongle type OBD tool. pickup from home work or drop off if in-between/nearby.

The Other Stu

I guess like just about everyone else on here, I have one. A genuine EML327 bluetooth.

Use Torque Pro (paid for it, hey, it's £2.95 and compared with the other moneypit things.....)
Looking for a decent Windows application. I have a useful enough lightweight laptop.

Just about to put an Android head unit in the car too, so will have it directly connected.

anyway, I'm in South Beds, near Milton Keynes and work in Hemel if anyone ever needs one.
No Longer Here

james276

U480 reader on Leamington

MikeJD

I've got one - can't remember what brand.  It was cheap but works fine.
I live near Alton, Hampshire and work in Cosham

trooper99

do you mean you are looking for people who own a basic OBD2 code reader, that can clear codes. They cost about £15 on ebay.  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Ardent

Most people do have them now.
But when this thread started it was a means of helping those that did not have one. A means of finding someone local to help.

That is the friendly helpful nature of this forum.

trooper99

of course, just seen the dates, sorry!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  
Does the 1ZZ need any specific diagnostic tools or data cards? My Isuzu Trooper 3.0 twin can 16V TD needs a Tech 2 scanner to do most diagnostic work   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Essex2Visuvesi

Quote from: "trooper99"of course, just seen the dates, sorry!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  
Does the 1ZZ need any specific diagnostic tools or data cards? My Isuzu Trooper 3.0 twin can 16V TD needs a Tech 2 scanner to do most diagnostic work   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Any ODB reader should be able to basic diagnostics unless you have an MR-S(Import) as these use a different protocol

trooper99

thats good news then! I've got a standard OBD2 code reader, already used it 5 times to clear the P0135 fault, until I realised the wrong O2 sensor had been replaced, they charged the previous owner a fortune as well, BMW main dealer   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

insx

Quote from: "Essex2Visuvesi"Any ODB reader should be able to basic diagnostics unless you have an MR-S(Import) as these use a different protocol

Actually, some of the cheap bluetooth dongles don't work. I bought 3 to get one that worked with a UK standard car.

SCHNICK18

Hi
You can add myself to the list, located in Solihull (soon to be near Stratford due to house move) and I have an OBdII reader. Used on my mr2 to diagnose and reset so is all good.

Nick

manos3003

Just to say, that from just the ELM329 Bluetooth as well as the U480 I now have the Toyota Diagnostic software on my laptop. Works a charm on my car, doesn't just read PCM but also all other modules.

Let me know if anyone needs scanning, I'm located in Coventry.
I can't recall a day when I drove my MR2 and it didn't put a smile on my face
<strike>2000 Spectra Blue Mica - 2ZZ-GE gone, but not forgotten</strike>
2002 Spectra Blue Mica K20A2 coming up

HFB

Me now.......in Gatwick

For MRS imports.

HFB
2000 Roadster
Silver (Blue go faster stripe)
2ZZ, Miester Zeta CRD+ Coilovers, Megillian Custom Exhaust & Underbody Brace and 1/2 cage (and working soft top), Patrick Chambers Enclosed air intake and oil cooler, badly re-furbed alloys :D

shnazzle

Quote from: "HFB"Me now.......in Gatwick

For MRS imports.

HFB
That's actually very handy. People often ask for that as it's different from "normal" readers
...neutiquam erro.

cowelly

I've got a couple of obd readers that work well if anyone needs one in the Glastonbury area

fuzbythemob

For what its worth I purchased a ELM327  V2.1 ODB 11  Bluetooth Car Scanner  for £5.79 off E-bay (free post ) and a download app. Works like a dream and really easy to use with my mobile phone .
Do compatability  checks with any you find though .Most sellers have a dropdown list to show make and model and year .

exiles

Got one if anyone local stuck

Tags: