Replacement tyres - Avon?

Started by Anonymous, June 9, 2003, 15:27

Anonymous

Has anyone had experience of Avon tyres?  from what I can find out they seem to receive good reviews and they appear to be used quite alot in motorsport.

Slacey

No experience on cars, but I had a set of Avon's on my bike and I thought they were great. I would be tempted to try them on the '2 if the price was right.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

My mate uses Avons to race his caterham.  I use SO3's and love them.

Anonymous

My mate uses Avons to race his caterham.

I am about to fit another set of Bridgestone SO3's.  These are great.

Hope4Sun

Quote from: "Rigsey"Has anyone had experience of Avon tyres?  from what I can find out they seem to receive good reviews and they appear to be used quite alot in motorsport.

My last set of tryes were Avons on 17"'s, dont mix these with Yoko's or S03's though (in fact don't mix any combo's), i had them just on the back for a few weeks and then had the front's replaced with Avon's too!

The 2 really does not get on with mixed trye's, i'm sure some of the chaps here remember that little country trip in Cambridgeshire and my car twichting all over the place   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Good tryes in my eyes, pretty hard wearing and grip well ,but ya need to get them for a good price  s:) :) s:)

Andy
R35 GTR<br />X Sable 05 Roadster To many mods to list

Tags: