0.04%vol     PASS
HC: <  200ppm vol
       21ppm vol PASS
λ : 0.970-1.030
    1.030        PASS

Natural idle:
CO: < 0.30%vol
    0.00%vol     PASS

So I'm a little up on CO & HC, and the lambda value is right on the upper limit (lean)..

Given the calculation from Lambda to AFR, last year I had an AFR of 14.74, and this year it's up to 15.14:1..

Still - that could be anything, from the fact that I reset the ECU yesterday to a sensor going slightly out of spec..

Still, it passed, and the only advisory was handbrake travel - home free for another year  s;) ;) s;)

</pointless post>
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

spit

I worry about the calibration on some of these MOT probes ... and we've seen before how easy it is to get a lean reading because of the tailpipe bends - its tripped up a few people before now.  s:? :? s:?    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Still, you're cool for another year Aaron. Nice one  s8) 8) s8)  .

</pointless retort>
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

aaronjb

Aye you're right - just found my original MOT (2005) which had higher CO still (0.1%) and a lambda of 1.017 - so it's been there or thereabouts for three years now..

Nothing to worry about, I'm sure  s:) :) s:)

Now I just need to get around to buying some new brake discs and resetting the handbrake travel  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)

kanujunkie

now thats what you call skin of your teeth  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

aaronjb

Yep - I believe his comment was "Had a little trouble with the emissions.. it took a few goes.."  s;) ;) s;)   Good bloke though - most would fail it on the first attempt..

Anonymous

Just for the record, I was a bit worried about the Che manifold without pre-cats, but:

Fast Idle Test
CO 0.032 pass
HC 0 pass
Lambda 1.002 pass

Natural Idle Test
CO 0.054 pass

Got stung for front discs and pads though - should have checked

Leeber

Anyone had an MOT with the SP downpipe yet?
I\'m Pink, Therefore I\'m Spam.

Liz

I think Muffdan did with no probs - got mine due soon, going to get mine so hot before it gets there it will be smoking!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

mr2mark

Hi Aaron .. Ive looked at those results ... theres nothing to worry about with the co's ... this is just how hot your cat is .. if you took it for a quick blat it would go down to 0.00 or 0.01 ,, but looking at the lambda result it maybe that you have a small hole in your exhaust .... failing this he maybe hasnt had the probe stuck right up its arse..
  And SPIT .... calibrations are done every 6 months. There are strict mot laws and most machines wont even let you carry out the test if not calibrated (by an independant co.) And you do a leak test and a HC zero etc everday , so they are pretty accurate ... cheers hope this helps  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: