Wrong tyres :(

Started by FireFury, May 4, 2007, 22:32

FireFury

I took my 03-plate Spyder to have some new tyres today - I asked for Bridgestones (and was charged for them) but when I got it home and fixed the pressures on the tyres (which were set too high at the front by the garage, as always) I discovered they'd actually fitted BFGoodrich tyres instead.

Does anyone know anything about BFGoodrich tyres (for road use)?  Should I go back and demand they replace them for the Bridgestones I was originally after, or just get them to refund the price difference between them?
- Steve

markiii

get them changed Bridgestones are way more expensive
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Liz

If you asked for Bridgstones and have got a receipt saying that you have them I would be straight back there tomorrow asking to speak to the manager and causing a rumpus!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

aaronjb

Some BFG's used to have a good reputation - but as with most tyre manufacturers they make several models.

Which do you have? g-Force Profiler, Profiler2 or Touring?

Bottom line is, really - you asked for something, you got something different.

If I had to guess, BFGs should be cheaper than Bridgestones.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

FireFury

Quote from: "aaronjb"Which do you have? g-Force Profiler, Profiler2 or Touring?

I believe they are Profiler2.

I'll go kick up a fuss I guess...  such a hassle  s:( :( s:(
- Steve

aaronjb

Not even the top of the line model then, so likely much cheaper than the Bridgestones - not that I can find an online supplier of BFG to check against.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

FireFury

Quote from: "aaronjb"Not even the top of the line model then, so likely much cheaper than the Bridgestones - not that I can find an online supplier of BFG to check against.

They've admitted fault and said they will arrange to sort it out next week, so hopefully I'll get them swapped without much trouble.

A check around shows the 15" BFG Profiler2s at £60 -  m http://www.event-tyres.co.uk/sse/select/ID/474/ m
Although I can't see anyone doing the Bridgestone RE720s for 15" rims.  The 14" RE720s are £66 and the 15" RE040s are £73
- Steve

Tags: