£1000 to spend help...

Started by Anonymous, May 13, 2007, 23:31

Anonymous

Hello all im not sure if i have posted before but often have a read of what u lot all have to say!anyways... ive got a  stock 2000(W) reg silver 2 bout 42000 miles on the clock and its all running fine....

Basically i had a lucky poker day and won just over a grand and i wanna use it to improve my 2! thing is im not sure what to look for. i need some new rear tyres (desperately like you would not believe) but ive got other funds to cover this.I know a grand isnt much when it comes to cars but i was just wondering what ur best buys have been and what u feel u would all do if u could go back to havin a stock car. im mainly interested in all round performance and i quite fancy a subtle spoiler...any responses would be great cheers!

Gazz

Reinvest the grand in 4 $200/15 sit 'n go's win a couple and get a C2 turbo fitted   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

See you at the tables   s:D :D s:D
[size=80]Lotus Elise 111R, Larini Sports Exhaust [/size]

Anonymous

Brain overload! ... too .. much ... too ... reco . mmend ... !!!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Bracing is always a good place to start along with some lowering springs, them get a new manifold and air filter! lots of brands to recommend, but you'd be better off searching!

these could easily be done under a grand!

rtbiscuit

another 2 grand and you have a turbo!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

but if thats not the way to go then, this is probably how i would spend your money for you.

Che header £140
new exhaust £250- £500
PPE sports cat £300
Front strut brace £80 ish
Breast plate £80 ish
MS design body kit (ebay) £300
Apexi induction kit £60 or PPE induction £120(i think)
Short shifter (ebay) £35
New Richbrook gear Knob £25
Rainbow component speakers £130
Likwid art eagle logo (£16.50) GB Section)
Rear tow hook Reflectors £3.50 (GB section)
CLub sticker £5.00

i think i may have over spent, but it gives you some idea
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

evileye_wrx

Best performance BHP per bucks will be unichip or similar, emanage or Apexi PFC. Then look at bracing as bossman says. Thee is a recent thread on here or search on spyderchat for 3.0 or Corky's Bracing. They are doing many options.

And theres a grand spent straight away!

If your car is completely stock alsolook at Dev's keyhole covers, Mongo's Wind Deflectors and Bama Wind Deflector. For Coolness, David's Style Bars. How about a Hardtop with Fixing kit ready for the winter, that will also stiffen up the ride and they are a bit cheaper this time of year.

Or go Rice, for a grand you can almost have a C-One Engine Lid and Bonnet just like mine   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

enid_b

i want my grand back   s:( :( s:(
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

Liz

I would spend some of the money on gutting the precats if you don't go down the header route, welcome along BTW  s:D :D s:D
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

really depends on whether you want looks or performance.. 1k could replace front and rear bumpers for a cosmetic change, or add custom leather interior and leave some change for a new hu and speakers..
personally I'd go for the bracing, lowering springs and air intake options first to improve performance. Whatever, you'll end up spending much more than that soon, so time now to work out priorities!

Tags: